Sorri guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Only after i posted my breeding thread did i realise that this was very iresponsible of me, i read a long website page about breeding, and I wont be planning to breed anytime soon.

I got caught up in thoughts of sweet babys to cuddle and look after, and fun plans of pregnancys, I'm a lil obsessed with pregnancy, its so facinating, ive never experianced birth.

Phantom may already be preggo anyway, shes looking rather fat these days, and you never know with petshops they are real sucky last resorts.

I dont have time for the thread anymore, so you wont hear from me soon.

Bye.

Suzygpr

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It would be a shame for you to leave the forum as it can be a very friendly place and will give you lots of support and help when you need it.

As your initial posts were all about breeding then the reception you received would not have been great. But as you have decided against breeding then there is no reason for you to leave, so please stick around and enjoy your piggies - if they or you need help the forum will give it gladly. Questions about pregnancy but not intentional breeding are welcomed.

Suzy x

eva

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi please don't leave i love this site its really helpfull. I think people here have very strong views on breeding as they have seen all the poor unwanted piggies that need homes from people who have breed them and not looked after them not saying for one second thats what you would have done. They also see all the sweet little piggies looking for homes who are overlooked because of the babys (i would think anyway)

When I first joined i had some romantic idea in my head about breeding like you I love birth/pregnany I find it addictive not for my guineas but for myself I have had 2 kids and cant think of anything better in the world then being given your baby. but after looking at the web site i soon changed my mind it's much more risky for our piggie friends. could not bear to lose my girl just because I like birth dont mean they would. But i think second chances are the key to live who has not made a mistake at least once in their lives and you changed your mind no harm done don't leave cos of a silly post stick around there is great advise here.

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
so sorry if i have upset up, i just find more and more on here breeders are using the info on here to help them with there breeding, if they fall up on a problem, most people are truthful on here about there guineas been pet shop guineas that are preg but also some have intentionally bred them and have hit a problem which has then resulted in there guinea pig or the babies either dieing or having a problem and then using this site to get info when the problem has been self created, i just wish people really would think before they breed, as there IS alot more to guinea pigs than people think, if people are going to breed they really need to do their own homework on what IS involved and what they are going to do with the babies when they are ready to re-home, as pet-shops sell to anyone and many do not have the animals welfare at heart.

as you know different breeds of guineas can produce lethal pigs and many have a difficult life and also a very expensive life too with all the problems they get.

its far more satisfying rescuing than breeding as you are helping and not adding to the problem.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Please come back - we have a great support for pregnant guinea pigs on here in case Phantom is pregnant. Babies are great and wonderful; sadly the risks are just not worth it!

luluhound

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Don`t leave this is a really helpful place to be with lots of guinea pig savvy people. I am picking up new things all the time, and have kept piggies for yrs.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.