• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sorry , morbid subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky92

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My OHs elderly piggy past away in the night the other day and we'v been trying frantically to dig a hole but still not got anywhere, its frozen solid... what do we do..?

Its body is in a sealed container in my empty shed atm... :(

The neighbours must think I'm mad bcos ive made several attempts in digging all around the garden, including lifting slabs.. twice in the dark lol

Sorry for the morbid subject but someone must have had the same problem before

thankyou x

RIP ROSIE X

I remember having the same problem many years ago, when trying to bury a rabbit. Eventually after many hours I was able to dig deep enough though. Nowadays I get mine cremated which is arranged through my vet.

The body will be preserved whilst it's kept at freezing temperature so the burial could be delayed until the temperature rises or the body could be taken into the vets when they reopen after the holidays. For now keeping the body in the shed should be fine or it could be put into the freezer but I know some people could find that too upsetting.

RIP Rosie

Awww I am so sorry to hear about the piggy :(
One thing you could do is boil the kettle and pour it over the soil to soften it to dig out and then bury it.
R.I.P little one. x

You could buy a really large plant pot and some soil from a garden centre and a rose maybe? and bury it there then you'd have something to remember too

my guinea in my activar < died Wednesday morning and i was only able to bury her yesterday, i had to use a pick axe to dig the hole x

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the piggie.
We had this problem too when our rabbits died last year, we had to wait almost a week for the ground to be dig-able. At least when it is cold, it won't smell.

I've lost 3 of my piggies this year...I didn't want to bury them, I actually got them cremated at a local Pet Crematorium...Maybe you could look at that as an option? <3

I'm so sorry for your loss...x

Last edited:
We had the same with Bezu, we boiled a few kettles and poured them over the spot where he had to be buried. It worked. (this was when the snow and ice were bad here as well) hope this helps.

We have had rain here overnight so hopefully that should help thaw out the soil for you. And lets hope this little one can rest soon. Hope you are okay x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back