• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Spun in the car yesterday and ended in a field!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well I was on my way to the train station yesterday, as I everyday to get to Norwich and go to work but this time I ended up in a field!

I can't drive so my OH obviously drives me around in his car.

We were coming round quite a sharp bend and as its a sports car its got a lot of traction - but lately the rear tyres were loosing grip as its a rear wheel drive.

So yeah we came round this bend and completely lost traction as the floor was quite greasy as well from the mist and next thing I know the back end of the car spung out and we started spinning and went over a steep grass verge and ended up about 10 metres in a field.

We were also stuck in a ditch as the front end of the car has gone down into a moat-type ditch in the field.

I was pretty shaken and a bit upset as it scared me soo much.

People kept pulling over asking we were okay and luckily we were. My OH managed to get the car our of the ditch (by building up mud by the tyres) and we drove slowly home.

Surprisingly, after a hose down there is no damage to the car whatsoever! We thought they'd be suspension or something as he grinded across the floor alot - collecting trees.

So yeah we didnt go to work yesterday and this morning my OH has had new rear tyres fitted onto his car.

Lesson - dont leave your tyres to get to the fact that you have no grip - My OH was literally going to put new tyres of that night too.

If another car had been coming the opposite direction it could of been a lot more serious.

We were lucky that his car is a sports car - because its low to the ground if we had been in a top heavy car it most likely would of overturned.

Not a good start to the day, and not a nice way to learn a lesson! At least you are both ok and no-one was hurt x

Oh no, that would have really scared me too, so glad your both ok!

I just remember seeing as OH wants one...
I spun in my car years ago & hit a tree on the other side of the road. If I hadn't hit the tree I'd have gone down into a ditch and no one would have found me :... Took me over a year to drive down that road again, not ideal as it's the road I have to use to get to work lol

How are you feeling today?

gawd scary :S
I was **** scared this morning as he had to drive me to work in the car and the tyres hadn't been changed yet (they've been changed now) so I kept worrying that we were gonna spin again.

I'm very glad you're ok. I've only ever spun on ice - that sort of endless slide which is fairly slow but won't stop. Spinning at speed must have been terrifying.

So glad you're both o.k., that's the most important thing. I crashed my car before Christmas, and ended up on the forest floor (very scary seeing the trees coming at you, and know you're going over them). We were o.k. too, but the car was a write off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back