• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Delilah

One of my ladies has always had awful thick fur and really scurfy skin (we don't know what's its caused by, despite loads of vet visits), she is so miserable every time we brush her!

For the last couple months we've been giving her a buzz-cut every so often and she is so much happier, popcorning about. For some pigs, long hair is just a hindrance!

He looks even bigger with his fur clipped right down, I got it shorter than last time.

What clippers do you use? I got some from zooplus and they are c***.

I use a Wahl Super Micro trimmer; be warned though, it's still not powerful enough to cut through the most difficult of hair. I need to give a quick chop with scissors to get the worst of the length off, then buzz it. I have found using the bare blade, I can get a very neat bum trim by putting my finger up against the blade (no risk of cutting, don't worry).

I know my vet (same as where @BossHogg gets his trims) uses Oster professional-grade clippers (similar to this one). They cut through hair like butter, but are very expensive!

In an attempt to keep Ronnie from eating the pigs pellets, I rigged up a door for the bottom level with a hole just big enough for the pigs to get in and out. I then screwed in hooks to hang a grill to. Not only would it stop Ronnie, it would keep the pigs safe from passing cats - WRONG!

WP_20171006_10_58_16_Pro.jpg

He crawled in on his belly, then crawled up the ramp to get to the food! Back to the drawing board! :))

He's that stoopid, he didn't notice I'd filled his own bowl with pig pellets. :))

They're better company than grumpy old Mary, she's always grunting at him. :D

And very smart he looks too. He could be missing his coat in this weather though, my ears were freezing when I came home from the hairdressers last week!

And very smart he looks too. He could be missing his coat in this weather though, my ears were freezing when I came home from the hairdressers last week!
He's got it easy, he's still got a thick fur coat and a heated shed, I'm the one with the bald head out in all weathers to earn a crust to feed him! :))

He looks half the size he was! :lol!: He’s still adorable though, little munchkin:wub:

Back