• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Stinky boy Pip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pixie_76

Pip was neutered last Thursday, and although he is making good progress, for the first day or so he (understandably) didn't move round much, so had a soggy bum from being sat in pee. :( :( He's been out on the grass today, and enjoyed being out in the fresh air - his bum fluff has dried considerably but it still smells pretty bad. ::)

I was going to order some shampoo & conditioner from Gorgeous Guineas, but wondered which one would be best, and when to do it. Obviously he is still healing from his op so I don't want to stress him out with a bath, but I don't want him being outside attracting nasty flies. I thought if I ordered and waited a week or so he'd be ok, but would appreciate your advice & opinions! :) :)

thanks,

michelle x

I had Shaun, one of males, neutered today. I was told that if his wound became offensive smelling or started to have a discharge to pop him back to the vet straightaway.
Not to alarm you in anyway, but do check that his wound is clean and if in any doubt check with the vet who did the operation. My vet has booked me a two day post operative checkup and then a ten day appointment to check Shaun.

Shaun is my third piggy that I have had neutered and I didn't have any problems whatsoever with the other two, so chances are your piggy is fine. But check where the smell is coming from and if it is just wee then I reckon it will be fine to give his bottom a gentle wash in warm water, perhaps even with no shampoo so not to hurt the scar, just to freshen up him and make him feel nice and dry him thoroughly, although carefully!

Let us know how he gets on.

Thanks Goldie! :) :) I dropped an email to Chrissie at Gorgeous Guineas, and she reccommended checking with the vet before any baths! He's been back for his post op check and they're really pleased with his progress, his wounds are healing well, and the smell was just stale urine from where he was sitting about a bit. He's dry now, and I've been wiping him with wipes on Chrissie's recommendation. I'm going to wait a month or so before giving him a proper bath with Just for Boars! He's back to his normal self again, running about and shouting at me for more veggies :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I do hope Shaun is doing well - Pip sends his best! :)

michelle x

Pleased to hear it pixie_76 - so glad Pip is doing well.
I was just a little worried when you said he was a little smelly and thought it was best to get him checked by the vet before bathing him in case he had an infection from the operation.

Shaun is doing really well. Back to his normal self today ... interferring with everything I was doing when I was sorting out his hutch. He wouldn't get off his blanket and then wouldn't move when I wanted to put it back all neatly folded ready for him tonight. He is back in his hutch in the shed now after spending the evening in my kitchen wrapped up all cosy. He is eating well and passing what he should be passing :)

All I have to do now is in several weeks time find him a nice female companion to live happily ever after with! :smitten:

My boys were 4 weeks after there op and i gave them a bath and all was well. xx

Hope the boys get over the op with ease. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back