• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Strange behaviour from Boris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Hello

I have a little pig called Boris who is a year and a half old. He is the perfect weight weeeeks whenever the fridge door is opened and loved to eat.. Pretty typical little pig really, however I have noticed over the last couple of days he seems scrared of his bed? He has a large cage and a bed of fresh hay sheltered with a housing made of the bendable willow sticks you can buy for ramps etc. He seemed to love it and would allways "scat" there upon any sign of danger. Now he just avoids that side of the cage like the plague. I have cleaned him out , moved all his furniture around but still no joy. Any suggestions and advice on previous experiences with this would be welcome as i am stumped.

Thanks

Craig

Wiebke

Staff member
Perhaps he got spooked really badly there and hurt himself? I would try a completely set up with an open hay box and something else for shelter.

Abi_nurse

Adult Guinea Pig
I can only assume the same?

If hes been spooked by something in the box? Ive never heard of anything like this? I'm assuming he lives on his own and no other piggies would be in his bed?

Sorry not much help here.

x.

mikulinek

Teenage Guinea Pig
That would be my guess - piggies are pretty smart little fluff balls and they're not thrilled with hurting themselves or spooking themselves on the same things twice (unless their name is Biscuit!).

:)

katiepops

Adult Guinea Pig
Your post reminded me of Stripes (RIP)
In our old house we had hutches indoors with wooden steps down to a play area suddenly he didn't want to go in the hutch anymore. I changed all the bedding and he still wouldn't go in. This went on for a week so I took him to the vets in the end but the vet thought I'd gone mad!
He appeared to be running round fine but I wanted to check there wasn't anything medically wrong, problems with his legs or something to stop him getting up the steps.
He found nothing wrong. After a couple more days he suddenly decided it was ok to go back in there again.
Still to this day have no idea why!

Status
Not open for further replies.