Strange Rumbling. By A Sow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnamon

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sweetpea.......

Well we definately know she is sow, she lived with her mother for a year previously till her mother ran away.

Its really strange, A guinea pig goes near her and she purrs/rumbles.
Is it just that she is in season? I had to catch her one day just to make sure she wasn't a boy lol..

Help would be appreaciated.

xx Julia C,C,S

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My girls often do the rumbling thing. It's usually when one of them is in season or occasional over a dominance issue. I also had a panic and double checked their bits when I first saw it. :(|)

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
My girls do it too, together with the bum wiggle, is usually when they are in season.

Freela

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Girls rumblestrut too- my girls do it plenty, mainly the dominant sow when she is in heat. She spends a couple days making life miserable for her friend, and then goes back to being her normal self!

amielou

Reaction score
My Alpha Sow rumbles all the time! Everyday infact, she's mental! She accompanies it with a weird stance and walk! We laugh at her, think she's gender confused! The others don't seem to do it, but it doesn't worry us. x

keli

Reaction score
It's purely a dominance thing, my lone sow used to do it when I introduced a girlfriend for her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.