• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Strange walking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ksiusha237

Hello,
I have a guinea pig who recently turned two years old. He has slightly long hair on the back side but the rest is regular length. Sometimes when I let him out to run, I notice that he almost draggs his behind along the carpet/towel. What he does is he runs or walks regularly, then all of a sudden for a few seconds he drags his behind. I don't know if it is his leg or if he has an irritation. My other guinea pig, who has short hair, doesn't do this at all. I was just making sure that it is nothing that I need to worry about. Do you have any theories what it may be? I got him from a shelter in the summer, and the whole time I've had him I've noticed he has been walking like this.

My boars do this occasionally when they running around. I think they're just leaving their scent!

Duke does this every now and then, i think he needs to clean his 'area' (bum)
it's like a cleanliness thing i think. A friend told me their rescue did this too, but she felt it was out of habit cause he'd not had proper foods or care to help him in that area :'(

But keep an eye on things, i've consulted my vet and there's nothing wrong that Duke's tested for or can see, it's always worth a little test (wont cost too much). All they do is run a 'poo' sample, i do this at least twice a year even when they are healthy.

Hi
I would not be worried about this, My boars do this all the time. I think it has something to do with scenting.

Okay, I am glad. :) That makes sense. Is it okay that my other guinea pig doesn't do this at all? For a test, what and how do I do that? Keep a sample?

Is it a good idea every now and then to test from a sample?

Thank you all very much for your help. :)

Ksiusha

I was also wondering about something else I forgot to mention. I notice sometimes from his eye, a little bit liquid, looks like milk, sometimes comes out a little. It is only a little and not often, but I was wondering what is it. Any ideas?

the rubbing his butt is definalty scenting and nothing to worry about unless its on your expensive persian lol
the white liquid is when they groom its perfectly natural and nothing to worry about, today I bathed jinx and as i rubbed him with the towel the white liquid came out, so its got to be when rubbed or when they rub a spot to groom I would think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back