• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Stray sheep

So a little update on Barbara the sheep...

I haven't seen her for a while and then all of a sudden today, she has reappeared on the field by my house (it's not a farmers field its a recreation ground/football pitch). We needed to be somewhere so couldn't stop but on the way I rang the council (for the umpteenth time) who told me it was the county council animal welfare department I ought to speak to.

So, I called the county council and asked to be put through to animal welfare. They had never heard of that department (argghh!) and suggested I speak to DEFRA.

Someone gave me a link to DEFRA a while back but Barbara disappeared so the trail went a little cold.

I spoke to a very nice chap there who said he understood how frustrating it was but it was the responsibility of the local police. I explained that I have literally tried everyone so he said that if I can get close enough to Barbara, she will have a number clip on her ear. He also put me through to a vet (maybe because I mentioned she may be pregnant) & she assured me they would do something but only if I can get a look at the tag.

So we donned our wellies & me & my boys headed off to the field (about 2 hours since I saw her) but she was nowhere to be seen. We looked in the adjourning woods & river but nothing. Its incredibly muddy down there but we saw sheep wool on the brambles and sheep foot prints so she's been around!

I'll go and have a look again tomorrow. At least I've got someone to contact now if I see her, its just a shame its so difficult & all that will happen is that she gets returned to her useless farmer but I'll do what I can to ensure she gets home.....not sure how close I'll be able to get but I'll take my phone & zoom in! Fingers crossed for a sighting 🤞.

So a little update on Barbara the sheep...

I haven't seen her for a while and then all of a sudden today, she has reappeared on the field by my house (it's not a farmers field its a recreation ground/football pitch). We needed to be somewhere so couldn't stop but on the way I rang the council (for the umpteenth time) who told me it was the county council animal welfare department I ought to speak to.

So, I called the county council and asked to be put through to animal welfare. They had never heard of that department (argghh!) and suggested I speak to DEFRA.

Someone gave me a link to DEFRA a while back but Barbara disappeared so the trail went a little cold.

I spoke to a very nice chap there who said he understood how frustrating it was but it was the responsibility of the local police. I explained that I have literally tried everyone so he said that if I can get close enough to Barbara, she will have a number clip on her ear. He also put me through to a vet (maybe because I mentioned she may be pregnant) & she assured me they would do something but only if I can get a look at the tag.

So we donned our wellies & me & my boys headed off to the field (about 2 hours since I saw her) but she was nowhere to be seen. We looked in the adjourning woods & river but nothing. Its incredibly muddy down there but we saw sheep wool on the brambles and sheep foot prints so she's been around!

I'll go and have a look again tomorrow. At least I've got someone to contact now if I see her, its just a shame its so difficult & all that will happen is that she gets returned to her useless farmer but I'll do what I can to ensure she gets home.....not sure how close I'll be able to get but I'll take my phone & zoom in! Fingers crossed for a sighting 🤞.
I hope you find her x 🐑

Or look up how to get close to sheep & wish you hadn't....

"you can press it against a wall or straddle it to limit its movement" 😂😂

...might be a tall order for a novice!
Try and grab her at the scruff of her neck, then fling a leg over her and hold her by squeezing your legs just behind her front legs

Bit of an update on Barbara the sheep....no I didn't forget about her but after going to great lengths to contact anyone who might be able to help, she disappeared.

Well the plot thickened as we found sheeps wool in my front garden (frightened the bejeebers out of me as I thought it was a squashed mouse by my car wheel), we found more on the field and then a couple of days ago when me & the boys were on our little fresh air walk we ended up in the river at the back of our house. Very overgrown to get down there but its our own secret play area and we found wool on the brambles.

To stop horses getting out the farmer has put a length of barbed wire over the river and low and behold, the sheep wool was there too.

So I am concluding the Barbara story with the assumption that she has made her way down to the river, got her fleece stuck on everything in her path, negotiated the river & limboed under the barbed wire to reach freedom in the field beyond.

Whether its the correct field is a different matter but alls well that ends well I suppose!

-The End- ❤

Bit of an update on Barbara the sheep....no I didn't forget about her but after going to great lengths to contact anyone who might be able to help, she disappeared.

Well the plot thickened as we found sheeps wool in my front garden (frightened the bejeebers out of me as I thought it was a squashed mouse by my car wheel), we found more on the field and then a couple of days ago when me & the boys were on our little fresh air walk we ended up in the river at the back of our house. Very overgrown to get down there but its our own secret play area and we found wool on the brambles.

To stop horses getting out the farmer has put a length of barbed wire over the river and low and behold, the sheep wool was there too.

So I am concluding the Barbara story with the assumption that she has made her way down to the river, got her fleece stuck on everything in her path, negotiated the river & limboed under the barbed wire to reach freedom in the field beyond.

Whether its the correct field is a different matter but alls well that ends well I suppose!

-The End- ❤
Let’s hope you don’t see her again and she is safely back we’re she belongs 😁

Back