• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Stroppy bunny warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have got the firm message from Leo at the mo that he is not to be fussed with. He is starting to molt, i dread this spell as his hormones go scatty and he turns into a right stroppy chap!

Yesterday i thought it was due to the wet weather and him being stuck in his hutch - he boxed me with his paws :obut noticed the wispy fur today!

Took some photos today he has such a stroppy face on at the mo[88]

IMGP2791.jpg

IMGP2795.jpg

IMGP2798.jpg

IMGP2800.jpg

I got boxed after the last one!

Alison

He really doesn't look happy! My rabbit, Schmichael, hasn't been in a very sociable mood today. He has spent most of day sat under my bed. He only came downstairs cos he heard me feeding the piggies and thought he was missing out!

Stroppy or not I love him anyway!

Miffy was chasing me earlier on - must be the time for stroppy bunsters! I just hope she snaps out of it before I take her to her new home on Monday.....

Aww stoppy bunnies....they are so funny at times.

Hazel likes to bite my bum :D ;D when I am crouched down. It can be a bit painful at times. :o

Deb x

I'm trying to clear out my wardrobe with my bunny helping! He keeps moving things about the room. I nearly shut him in the airing cupboard a minute ago. He's constantly behind me wherever I go! He has an obsession with shoes, especially black ones!

Awww he's lovely. Glad I'm not the only one with a stroppy bunster - Pippa was spayed a couple of weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the grumpiness to go .......... not sure it will though! I love her to bits anyway :)

He does look grumpy :( Is he neutered? Hormones really torment rabbits :(

I'm so glad (sorry!) that other people go through stroppy bunny stage as well! Well, we call it the 'bunnies from hell' stage ;D

My Meg is a right stroppy cow at times, shes a 6 month old dwarf lionhead (she was abandoned by her mum at 2 weeks and I've brought her up from about 4 weeks when we gave up on the mum - so she gets away with some things!).

I found that lots of toys helped - especially the cardboard tubes from toilet rolls. I hung fruit up as well - it seems the more she has to do the less grumpy she is. There's definitely a lot less foot stomping anyway!

i loved that 3rd photo, my lionhead bunny called candy is always stroppy first thing in the morning when i go to feed her ,then after that she is fine the rest of the time,can anyone think why as i can,t ,and i would love to know. :D

Pippin - I think its boredom as Meg is the same until she gets her food and carrots/brocolli - lots of foot stamping and throwing things against the bars making as much noise as possible! Also, Meg has her own towel (her security blanket!) which she drags around with her, that gets thrown around a bit if she's in a strop but its worse when I take it away for a wash!

oh bless jenni ive never heard of a bunny with a blanket before. it could be boredom i guess at first i thought was she nesting but she has not been pulling her fur out and its been going on most of this year,.thanks jenni. :)

I know! She's an odd little thing but I think she's so attached to her towel because she had it in the box with her from 4 weeks when I took over looking after her. Poor thing was just skin and bone when I got her, very patchy hair so the towel kept her warm.

Definitely try the cardboard rolls from toilet rolls, that helps with Megs strops loads (and cheaper than all these toys from pets shops that they never use). Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back