• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sudden Aggression In Boars

KSteevens

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this site & this is my very first post!
With that being said, I apologize in advance as I'm assuming this topic has been covered several times. I have been looking through the site & can't find any situations similar.

I have 3 boars.
Sven is the oldest, had him approximately 3 years
Bronco is the middle child, about 8 months old
Olaf is the youngest, barely 4 months

When I introduced Bronco to Sven, they did the usual dominance dance, settled down and all was well
When I then introduced Olaf, Bronco has suddenly gotten severely aggressive. He is humping Olaf, & attacking Sven. When i picked them up to examine them, sven has scabs all around his butt & some of his whiskers are missing. We tried to see if it would settle down, but now my oldest buddy Sven is so nervous he squeals when I touch him (he's always loved being held).

We have double checked to make sure all are boars & they all have penile protrusion when examined.

I'm so nervous for the well being of all my cavvies & I'm hoping permanent separation isn't necessary.

Thanks in advanced.

Hello, welcome to the forum. Sorry your post got missed

Boar trios rarely work I am afraid, we get lots of posts on the forum concerning trios of boars. There have been cases of it working but more than not the trio has to be split. Boar trios are difficult and often break down depending on age and the hormone spike.

Please take a read of this link here
Boars: Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?

The best you can hope for at this point is salvaging a pair of your boys then trying to find another friend for the third i am afraid. If blood has been drawn do not attempt to reintroduce as major damage can be inflicted with fighting guinea pigs

I do hope you return to read this reply and we can help in some way.

Lee

Back