• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

surolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

danone

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hello all,update on skiddys fungal/mites flair up.
as well as being treated with xeno 50 for the suspected mite he is now being treared with surolan on the dry skin/hairloss areas.
has any one used surolan ?

I was given Surolan ointment when my boy had a fungal infection when he was 8wks old - it worked quite well. I applied it by putting a few drops on to a cotton pad and dabbing it in to the area, i fed him some treats for a few mins while it soaked in to the skin - just to ensure he didn't lick it and digest any of it.

cool,thanks.
my boy has a patch over his eye so i have to be mega careful not to get any in his eye while he squirms and a patch by his nipple, i also feed him a treat but he is not silly haha. i have 2 boys, the vet said i would not need to seperate them but keep an eye on the other incase he gets it ?
they are both being treated with xeno 50 for mites.

I didn't separate my boys as there was no point - fungal infections are passed easily, so it was inevitable really that his cage mate would have it - so separating may cause more distress, i would personally continue doing what you are doing - if they are both being treated for mites then the only thing you need to look out for are any bald spots on your other piggie.

I would also give the cage a thorough clean out every few days using a white vinegar and water solution. Also be sure to follow a strict hygiene regime (i.e plenty of handwashing - and keeping handling to a minimum).

I'm sure your boy(s) will be back to normal in no time :)

thanks a lot and yes i clean out the poop etc every day and disinfectant the whole cage twice a week as they have been ill,hands get washed before and after any contact with the piggys.also the pen they run around in is contantly cleaned ie poop,bits of food etc and the sheet on the floor of the pen is changed once a week.

cheers for your help.

Surolan is a Antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory,for otic use in dogs only.Surolan is signify for the medical care of canine otitis externa combine with susceptible strains of yeast and bacteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back