• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Swollen testicles & not pooing

I’m so sorry that BB has taken a turn for the worse and that Simon didn’t get back to you :( Hang in there, you’re doing all you can x
Thank you, it’s hard to know if the info was even passed on to Simon and even if it was, it might’ve been passed on incorrectly and made to seem less serious than it is!xx

I’m so sorry little BB is poorly again, the gut stimulant was obviously working very well. It’s such a shame Simon did not get back to you. I think they are becoming a victim of their own success, (or the pets are) they do seem extremely busy nowadays and getting an appointment seems a lot harder than it was when we started going there.
Poor little man, holding you in our hearts, hope he can hold on. Is there any possibility a local vet can prescribe it for him?
The medication is an antibiotic I believe so I’m not sure Simon will even want to try it again or if he’ll want to find a solution that can be used more long term. I’ve read about metronidazole being used long term in cases of severe inflammatory bowel disease in dogs but the long term effects were very hard on the nervous system so overall isn’t a good idea. But it explains why it was working so well and why things deteriorated so quickly after we ran out. We do just need something to tie him over tomorrow and then Monday morning, who knows if Simon will even have the time to get back to us Monday at all, it could even be Tuesday.
They definitely are very very busy, it’s why they are unable to take phone consultations now. Which is understandable but also makes things a lot more difficult.
Unfortunately, we called our local 24hr vet. They saw BB for his GI stasis but said they can’t prescribe unless they see him which would cost £130 as the consultation rate. And even then, if they can’t ‘locate’ the problem they may not be able to prescribe the medication. It was pretty ridiculous to be honest. I think that also answers your question @Free Ranger. We were really trying on the phone but the receptionist wouldn’t hear it, the vet that prescribed the emeprid for BB was even spoken to by the receptionist but it didn’t help. Hopefully we are able to figure something out tomorrow!

Ah glad it looks like something can be sorted in morning. It’s so frustrating that C&R didn’t get back to you. Very disappointing!
Hopefully. It’s hard to know whether Simon even got the message or not. He was very concerned about BB when he last saw him that I think if he had got the message, and if it had been relayed correctly, then I think he would’ve found the time to sort things out for us quickly. Especially as we told the receptionist it was urgent! Thank you for letting us know about the phone number, if he can get some medication tomorrow it should buy him some time until Simon is able to get back to us

Hopefully. It’s hard to know whether Simon even got the message or not. He was very concerned about BB when he last saw him that I think if he had got the message, and if it had been relayed correctly, then I think he would’ve found the time to sort things out for us quickly. Especially as we told the receptionist it was urgent! Thank you for letting us know about the phone number, if he can get some medication tomorrow it should buy him some time until Simon is able to get back to us
Not sure what’s happening and I appreciate they’re busy, but I’ve had emails not being responded to. Such a shame, as Simon and Kim are such amazing vets x

It might be that the team is being shuffled around because of lockdown. My vet has two practices and when you call nowadays you might get one of the usual receptionists, a cover, a nurse, or through to the other branch (with either different or familiar receptionists), or through to an office (which might actually be someone at home) which is for non-urgent enquiries but occasionally covers the appointments phone for both practices! If I have to call now the first thing I say is "Hi there, where am I today?!"

Hang in there BB... we're all rooting for you x

Update:
We’ve managed to get some medication sent over to our local vet! They open at 10am so will check they’ve received the prescription and then we’ll head over to collect it. The vet we spoke to on the phone at northlands, I believe it was the Kettering branch, was very understanding and the whole process of getting medication sent out to us was so easy. She also gave us her name so that we are able to call and ask for her if the prescription didn’t go through for whatever reason. We were worried we’d have to jump through hoops as a local vet we spoke to last night wanted us to, but it was really easy and straightforward - as it should be. At least now we don’t have to panic about if Simon doesn’t get back to us Monday too as we will have enough to last until he can find the time. With the medication, BB should be feeling a lot better by tomorrow. Hopefully Simon will be able to figure out a long term solution for BB and his bowel disease.

I’m so pleased you’ve managed to get hold of the medicine. Sending positive thoughts and healing vibes to your gorgeous BB :hug:x

Aw, this is great news for you all, takes some of the worry away and you can concentrate on BB, hope once he gets the meds he will pick up again x

Update:
We’ve managed to get some medication sent over to our local vet! They open at 10am so will check they’ve received the prescription and then we’ll head over to collect it. The vet we spoke to on the phone at northlands, I believe it was the Kettering branch, was very understanding and the whole process of getting medication sent out to us was so easy. She also gave us her name so that we are able to call and ask for her if the prescription didn’t go through for whatever reason. We were worried we’d have to jump through hoops as a local vet we spoke to last night wanted us to, but it was really easy and straightforward - as it should be. At least now we don’t have to panic about if Simon doesn’t get back to us Monday too as we will have enough to last until he can find the time. With the medication, BB should be feeling a lot better by tomorrow. Hopefully Simon will be able to figure out a long term solution for BB and his bowel disease.
I’m so glad that Northlands have been so helpful! I’ve always found them very approachable and happy to help, in any way they can x

Thank you everyone for the continued support!
We had such a mess about on our end with the medication, we were on and off the phone for an hour and a half straight this morning with the local vets trying to sort everything out! But BB finally had his medicine just after half 12. Here’s hoping we see a fast improvement :)

Thank you everyone for the continued support!
We had such a mess about on our end with the medication, we were on and off the phone for an hour and a half straight this morning with the local vets trying to sort everything out! But BB finally had his medicine just after half 12. Here’s hoping we see a fast improvement :)
Fingers crossed for BB x

Back