• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Talk about hot in bed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha - not that sort of hot :p

We bought a new duvet the other day 15 tog extra warmth as I feel the cold terribly with my fibromyalgia. Got into bed last night and thought blimey this heavy and so thick and it was actually hurting my legs due to the weight and was unbelievably hot.

Hubby comes in at 7am from work and I say to him that I think we needed a lower tog duvet as had hardly slept at all and maybe we needed to put the old one back on until we could get another or sort something out.

He then said to me because I had been so cold he had just put the new one inside the duvet cover with the old one, so effectively I had a 28.5 tog duvet on top of me:)) No wonder it was heavy and hot!!

Last edited:

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Hahaha that is really funny!
We have an electric blanket on our bed for those really cold nights and luckily we have a switch for each side.
Sometimes my hubby will have his on all night, I dont know how he copes with it as I'm always far too warm lol! x

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
We bought a huge goose feather duvet and it is marvellous in the winter! Not sure I would like it doubled up though!

Status
Not open for further replies.