• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tarot cards..Anyone else read them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

I've been reading the Tarot for years and wondered if we have any other peoplel interested in them :)

I've got quite a few decks and oracle cards and find using them a great way to unwind. I also read at fairs to help local charities and to raise money to help with my rescue guineas. The local paper did a story once with a pic of a rescue baby boar sitting perusing a tarot spread :)

Of course this only confirmed what my neighbours had thought for a long time...that I am quite mad ;D

Barbara

My best friend does them, at least I think it's the same she has some by Doreen Virtue, or are they oracle cards?

Anyway she has done readings for me a couple of times and it's been scarily accurate :o

I'm fascinated by all that - Id love to learn how to do it or have a reading.

I'm v interested in anything spiritual tbh - I'm a total believer :)

bev said:
My best friend does them, at least I think it's the same she has some by Doreen Virtue, or are they oracle cards?

Anyway she has done readings for me a couple of times and it's been scarily accurate :o

They will be oracle type cards, Doreen Virtue writes a lot about Angels and this is reflected in her cards. I believe she also does a unicorn deck, a Goddess one and a Dolphin and Mermaids...something for everyone really :)

I'd quite like the Unicorn deck, must keep an eye open for it on ebay...as if I didn't have enough ::)

Barbara

Billies Mum said:
I'm fascinated by all that - Id love to learn how to do it or have a reading.

I'm v interested in anything spiritual tbh - I'm a total believer :)

Hi billies mum,
I'm an endorsed reader for "TheTarot Association of the British Isles" we offer free personal emaill tarot readings on the site, no catch, totally free. It's a first come first served basis, the number of readings available depends on the number of readers taking readings that day. There is also a free tarot course, I think I'm right in saying you don't have to be a member, you receive personal tuition.

TABI Link

I don't do private readings, so I'm not touting for business from anyone ;D

Barbara

Ps reading request is to the left of screen on site, just had a look and there are still readings available today, though I'm not down to do any.

Thanks for this

I'm going to request one :)

It could not have come at a better time tbh - I'm at a real crossroads

Requested :)

Accepted and assigned apparently - what a great service!

Thanks

Billies Mum said:
Requested :)

Accepted and assigned apparently - what a great service!

Thanks

Excellent, let us know what you think :)

I might be biased but I really believe that it is the best free tarot site online, most of the other ate automated and it's all just comuter based stuff.

Barbara

I belong to a development group but Tarot isn't really my thing - I'm more into dowsing & healing. I try to meditate every day and get lots out of that. I do have a deck of tarot but don't really like them so never taken the time out to learn a bit more. I do use oracle cards on a daily basis. i am using the Power Animal Oracle deck by Steven Farmer. I chose these initially to help interpret my meditations because I get so many visuals of animals & insects when I meditate. These too are scarily accurate! Would like to get more into Tarot but I try to work with what I seem more inclined to.

Billies Mum said:
How do Oracle cards work please?

A little like the Tarot, though people tend to use them in a less "predictive" way. As hils78 has said, you can draw one for the day or use them in an organised layout. While generally all tarot decks will consist of 78 cards, oracle sets vary enormously, in most if not all cases having much less, so there is consequently less to learn ;) Actually that probably isn't true as you constantly learn and grow with any deck you use.

I have the Druid Animal Oracle which is very beautiful as well as gemstone, Karmic and wolf deck.

Barbara

I've had a few readings, the very first when I was in my late teens and I've found that gentleman turned out to be spookily accurate! So far, things have panned out how he said they would....

I think with any kind of reading etc, you have to remember not to take things too literally. For example 'death' doesn't mean you are done for, it's simply saying that this chapter of your life/journey your making is coming to a close etc etc.

I've posted a question on the TABI page, thought it'd be interesting to see what they say. Thanks for the link!

5 years ago, I went over the America on a family holiday, and happened to have a reading. I was a bit nervous, as this kind of stuff really fascinates me, but I was wondering what they were going to come out with!

Everything the lady told me was true and had happened in my life. She told me that a loved member of our family who had passed on, was still looking out for me, which gave me comfort, and the strangest thing was that she told me that the man I would fall in love with and eventually marry would have a red tint in his hair when he was in the sun. At the time I was with someone else, so I thought she may have been mistaken on that one...

Been with Steve now for just coming up to 3 years and everytime he goes out in the sun, even though he's got quite dark brown hair... He has a red tint that shines! Couldn't believe it when I saw it!

I would defiantly love to go back and speak to that lady again! ;)

x

That's lovely! I would love to have a reading but scared that I might get some one that isn't true. (bogus) I only lost my mother-in-law 3 months ago so would love to hear that she is near me in spirit

^^^^ agreed

I'm scared that it might be bad news, or bogus. (but at the same time fascinated)

I believe in angels and spirits and I'm slowly training myself to listen to what I'm being told (if that doesnt sound too weird)

Billies Mum said:
^^^^ agreed

I'm scared that it might be bad news, or bogus. (but at the same time fascinated)

I believe in angels and spirits and I'm slowly training myself to listen to what I'm being told (if that doesnt sound too weird)
That is how I would of said it! I went to the grave where my mother-in-law is and there was a single white feather on one of the flowers. It made me think.

No Billies mum that doesn't sound weird in the slightest, not to people who believe in it or have experienced it :)

Shame you don't live in London Mary or I could've recommended an excellent medium.

bev said:
No Billies mum that doesn't sound weird in the slightest, not to people who believe in it or have experienced it :)

Shame you don't live in London Mary or I could've recommended an excellent medium.

Well if anyone knows of a good meium that lives in Leicester please let me know.

bev said:

Hooray!

None of my friends feel the same way really and my fiance thinks its all a load of rubbish too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back