• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ted’s has a Growth in his ear 😢

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Just to let you all know on Saturday I noticed a strange lump in Ted’s left ear. He has been fine over the weekend eating and up to all his usual antics. Rang the vets this morning and got an appointment straight away. Saw vet who doesn’t know what it is, she tried to take a small sample from it but only managed to get a few cells, then said it would take around 5 days for results, but not sure if they would be conclusive as not enough cells! Ted is fine and healthy everywhere else though. Dodgy tooth ok, she had a look around his mouth for abscesses etc.
He is going in 8.30 am tomorrow for operation with an exotic vet in Newquay to have it removed, they are not sure how deep it is in his inner ear but hopefully they can get it all out.
He’s been fine since he got home and Bill was ecstatic to see him back home. So all food packed up for tomorrow and his tunnel. Hopefully we will be picking him up tomorrow night sorted, touch wood and finger crossed
Here’s that nasty growth, I don’t know how I have must it, although you have to lift his ear up to see it! They didn’t get any puss out of it and no infection, it feel quite hard. Will let you know how we get on tomorrow, right now I wish I lived in Northampton next to The Cat and Rabbit Clinic!
701085FC-4636-4057-9C1F-ED1BBE899235.jpeg

Many years ago, my dental piggy, Poppet, had a growth in her ear. Simon removed it very easily and she was absolutely fine afterwards. I was still living in Rugby at the time and we got on the motorway to head home and I had a tyre blow out! The Police were a few cars behind me and pulled over to where I had stopped on the hard shoulder. They commented on how well I had kept the car under control, then spotted the pet carrier. He said oh dear, you've got a cat with you. I didn't correct him, but said Poppet has had an operation today and we are just heading home from the vets. He said we need to get you on your way again quickly then and they changed my wheel for me there and then.

I will keep everything crossed for Ted tomorrow x

Many years ago, my dental piggy, Poppet, had a growth in her ear. Simon removed it very easily and she was absolutely fine afterwards. I was still living in Rugby at the time and we got on the motorway to head home and I had a tyre blow out! The Police were a few cars behind me and pulled over to where I had stopped on the hard shoulder. They commented on how well I had kept the car under control, then spotted the pet carrier. He said oh dear, you've got a cat with you. I didn't correct him, but said Poppet has had an operation today and we are just heading home from the vets. He said we need to get you on your way again quickly then and they changed my wheel for me there and then.

Aw thanks Debbie, just so worried for him at the moment not knowing if they can get it all out. The vet is exotic trained, but don’t feel too confident with them down here after that dental op last year x
Gosh what an awful thing to happen, great that he helped you with that tyre though!

Seems quick to remove it but they know better than I.
Well Ted you be a good piggie and soon you be fixed.
All the best from me and my piggies. xx

That reminds me of the blow out i had years ago on the work van, the AA came out because we couldnt get the wheel off, and put our spare one on, he done it up too tight, a bit further down the road, 3 of the 4 wheel nuts sheered off and the wheel almost came off near cromer.

Good luck Ted xx

Didn't know you actually lived in Rugby @furryfriends (TEAS), the wonderfully exciting place that it is! :)
I lived in Rugby from 1991 - 2009, when I moved to Northampton, to be nearer Simon! Yes, I really did move to live closer to the vet!

We will be sending Ted lots of positive vibes for tomorrow. :hug:
It's always a worrying time, but fingers crossed for a good result.

Back