• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Teen Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can get them out both the same time and have them on me at the same time :)

and if they are out on the grass they are fine together too

They should be fine, you just have to make sure that the jealousy doesn't start to get nasty.

BEEN there! Harry and Zubin did the nose thing but its heeled ok now, i have had to seperated harry and zubin permanatly, then rudi and Zubin where seperated by the end the only time it worked was with Griffy :( if they are friends outside it might be a space issue Zubin and Griff had a log cabin each and had a big cage but they still did the rumbles now and then x

well we have separated them within the same cage so that they can still see each other, we have just put a grid in between them so they have half the cage each. they seem ok, and even when we take them out onto the grass and whatnot they are fine, so it mights stay like this for now on.

beat me to it :P
hehe

i tried putting them back together this morning to see if they would fight after spending a day separated and bumble still raised his head and rumble strutted. so thats a big no no then..

what happened to brotherly love.. lol

LOL - boars can often change suddenly!

I think what you're doing is fine. It'll be much safer for them to be split. They will be fine when out havijng a run, because of the more space!

we just going to make sure that we pay more attention to both of them seeing as they have half the space they used to.. i mean i feel really awful having done it but i dont think getting another hutch is suitable as there is no space.. and this way they can still see each other and stuff

bloody men.. they never simple

kellyandpiggies said:
Think that it is maybe time for them to be separated. A little blood on the nose can soon become much worse if you leave them together.

Next time you go in, it could be that one of them is seriously hurt from fighting.

I had similar problem with floo starting on Artie he nipped his nose so floo was taken out and scooby another laid back piggy went in with artie they have both accepted each other, floo is now a teen and showing off so he is now in with 4 other boys 2 brothers jasper and tiger and bertie and romeo, all get along fine they have a long run and plenty of distractions, I gave floo his own pigloo, water bottle and food pot, once he has got over his shyness, hopefully he will realise he cant pick on them , that was 2 days ago and so far so good, he is now laying down with Jasper and calmed down a lot, fingers crossed all stays quite, if not he will have to go on his own for a while, which I dont like doing for long, the only one alone at the moment is dobby, and he just wants his own space,

we did think that bumbles cuts could have been caused by him chewing the hutch.. you know the bit that determines between the sleeping area and the day area kinda thing...

but when we put them together taz rumbled and bumbles head was up and he opened his mouth..

it was quite scary stuff..

hopefully this has sorted them and maybe they can be reintroduced in a couple of weeks..?

opening thier mouth is a warning sign as if to say look how big my teeth are they will bite you if you dont get out of my way, so always take it seriously.

ohh.. hehe

well taz always went running after that and there was the almighty chattering going on. hehehe

well they are separate now and have their little bits so they can see and hear each other just cant rip each other's heads off hehe

Sounds like you have found a good solution, seperating them with a wall so they can see each other is the best thing we can do in this situation... that way naughty silly boys who have gone and fought or hurt their friend and messed things up so they can't live together can still have their company... but in safety!

This has happened to me too like many people here. Totally out of the blue around the teenage stage, one day they were great friends, next minute they were a furr ball rolling around, one pig with a bust lip, the other with a hole in his ear (which he still has even over a year on!). Meaning they had to be seperated for good! They chatter at each other and would definately fight if I removed the wall but they do appreciate being able to see one another through that mesh wall!

taz seemed a little depressed yesterday but i went out there this morning and he heard the door go and it was like WHHHHEEEK WHEEEEK WHEEEEEK.. obviously he was much happier today and was popcorning around like a loony heheh

Bumble on the other hand is still a moody little so and so.. i dont know whats up with him at the moment..

even though they are separated he still chatters and stuff..

he was such a lovely baby pig..

i hope this attitude doesnt last long

does anyone have any tips on how to make your pig happy and like you?

Harrys like that too hes fine with me but put him near Zubin or where Zubin has been and theres trouble. Zubin on the other hand is now known as rumble bum because thats all he does and he clearly loves Harry because when he saw him the other day he wheeked and went mental lol hes such a softie just dont think he knows what to do with his rumbleing behind lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back