Teeth Chattering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all

I have had Piggie (11 weeks) for 3 weeks and Chester (4 months) for 2 weeks. They are in the same cage 4ftx 2ft. Piggie has never really been one for a cuddle, he'll tolerate it for a couple of minutes, but since we got Chester when I pick him up, his mouth looks like he's eating if you see what I mean! and I can hear a noise that sounds like his teeth going. Is he teeth chattering at me? if he is,, why?

Chester loves a cuddle but yesterday when I picked him up every time I touched or stroked him, he felt like a mobile set on vibrate! What was that all about!?

Many thanks,
Bev x x

W

Wheekster

If hes not hunched up and baring his teeth whilst chattering at you then I would say its a nice chatter that hes doing. If hes just sort of grinding his teeth and rumbling he is one very content piggy. I've had piggies that would sit on my lap for hours doing that, lol. Its just so cute and if you have one like that then make the most of all those cuddles! If he wasn't enjoying it then I think he would of let you know by now. They normally just keep running off. Some of my piggies don't want to know at cuddle time, so I respect them for it and give them a head scritch and a carrot and then leave them alone, lol.

K

Kellie

when mine did that to me I thought he was annoyed LOL, he was just kind of rumbling at me as I stroked him and cuddled him, I must of misread his signals poor thing as I thought he was annoyed I put him back in his pen LOL.

C

cutecavy

Were you rubing him down by his rump? Piggies usually purr (Rumble - feel like vibrating) when they are touched in that area. They are simple telling you not to touch them there. If you weren't touching him there then it was probably a happy purr meaning he loved what you were doing :P

H

han

Aww, Cocoa always purrs and humms because he lives next door to our 5 girls!

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
When boars are in the middle of a fight and are teeth chattering it can be so horrible. Especially as it looks as though they are about to pounce on each other at any minute. I just thought it was the boars that did it but I have seen some of the girlies do it to but not as bad as the boys.

S

ss4ya

one of our piggies used to "vibrate" and we found out its because she was scared, all we had to do was hug her some more and she was fine, and also our pigs do that purring thing and its usually when gem strokes their fur the wrong way as they dotn like that.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.