• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As it says in the title, can I have some advice on teeth please.

I'm "fostering" (yea right!) a pair of boars Mario and Luigi for a friend of mine, I collected them yesterday and they are about 4 months old. She admitted to me that with her husband being away, she's not coping with 2 children under 3, 2 springer spaniels and 2 piggies so I said I would look after the piggies until such time she feels able to give them the love they need.

Anyway took them home yesterday and they were a bit scruffy, so they were bathed, nails clipped and inspected nose to rump. Luigi has a broken bottom front tooth, just one of them and it's about half way down, he's eating and drinking normally, took cucumber wedge from me yesterday and devoured it so he is not having trouble biting, so should I just leave him but keep an eye on him?

Cheers in advance

Tiggersbabe

I would personally just keep a close eye, they grow all the time so should just grow back together. But ive in any doubt get him checked. So long as hes eating and comfortable then i dont see it being a problem providing they grow straight back together.

x.

Monitor his food intake..particularly whether he can eat leafy greens, carrots and dired food pellets. Also weigh him daily. If he is havging problems/losing iweght then you will need to supplement with critical care until his tooth has grown back

Wishing him a speedy recovery

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back