• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

telescopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kellyspiggies

does anyone know anything about telescopes, want to buy one for my sons 8th birthday thought it would be different for him, seen a few and they say they got this zoom and this thingy and i dont know what it is talking about lol any good toy places or shops i could get one looked in argos and ebay they got a few, there is a shop called the natural or something like that does any one know what I'm talking about is it the natural shop ??

could you try photography shops?
I had a telescope when I was a kid! We used it a couple of years ago too loking at a comet I think!

his b'day isnt till 23rd august so i will have a look around thinking if i need to order of the net need to give it time to come

Hi you, My hubby went a bit Telescope mad last year ::) to be honest with you they are not as fun as you think, he was gonna buy a £100 one but the more we looked into it the more we found out you need to spend a lot more. The only thing you can really see well is the Moon so if your sons into the history of the moon landings it's great fun finding where they landed (but rember it's constantly moving so you have to "track" it all the time). My hubby ended up getting a £3000 Telescope and we still couldn't see things as good as what we thought so he sold it 6 months later. Sorry to sound like a telescope grump ;D but I'm just going by our experience ;)

I had one when I was younger and like Piggyju says you couldn't really see anything. I got mine from toys r us when they had a whole section on telescopes.

You have to pay a lot to be able to see a lot!

That is true I think. Mine wasn't all that good, but we could see the comet. I seem to remember it was quite wobbly!

so the kiddie ones arent that good then what about if the sky was clear could you see the stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back