• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tesco Guinea Food - Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Char-X - to explain, I was thinking along the lines of variation is good (which I've read elsewhere). I know the nuggets are more recommended than the muesli types but I tend to think the nuggets seem a bit bland to be the only dry food.

I normally use one bag of each type of food then when it is nearing being used up I mix half and half for a few days, not an immediate full switch to the other type.

Where did you read this? Interested because it contrasts with everything I've ever read. Variation can come in the form of different types of treat hays and different veg. My pigs definitely arent bored and popcorn everytime I get the excell out. I wouldnt risk putting Tesco food (which not to offend anyone, but is cheap shoddy stuff) into my pigs died for that factor.

is tesco a museli one? or is it pellets?
cos ive heard having ones with diff bits in can cause piggies to become fussy and picky? and the are bad enough as it is with their treats!
atm we get p@h pellets but heard tesco has offers on so want to try some from there

just bit confused as to what the tesco one atch is!

My piggies used to eat the Burgess Excel hay, but they went off it so we graduly mixed in the Pets at home bale (because Becca's (rebecca29) piggies really enjoyed it. My piggies now love the P@H hay!
My piggies eat the Burgess Excel Digestive Health (high in beneficial fibre) nuggets (in an orange pack)
They really enjoy both!

x

I brought the muesli in the purple bag, and my piggy's are only 7 weeks, but love it already! They eat everything aswell, as where sometimes they only eat certain bits and leave the rest, but they eat everything in the Tesco purple bag.

Catherine xx>>>

I've only had my (grandsons):x Piggys for a couple of weeks am new to all of this! The lady I got them from had them on wagg was told about selective feeding so have brought a bag of burgess from the vets, been tring to wean them off the wagg! But it seems I don't have to! If all you experienced Piggy peeps say its ok to feed mixed food! Then that's good enough for me! & My piggys!

They have plenty of hay, kale, carrots, cucumber, lettuce, & somer fruits too..

Just trying all sorts of stuff at the moment as some bits they don't like like grapes & strawberrys!

I google everything before feeding them to make sure its suitable! They love the leafy bits of celery! & parsley too!

Mine love the tesco one. I did notice though they've recently put the price up by £1.30! I'm disgusted with that. If it was just the 30p or so
Something I wouldn't be bothered but £1.30!? Sort it out tesco * won't be buying again!

I got my baby girls a bag of the cheap tesco meusli, just because the white one was on it. The ginger is on Harringtons..sigh..and Bertie is on Burgess...

I was just looking at some new food that is more accessible than p@h as it is quitefar from where I am well when I sayfar I mean I have to take a half hour bus but looking at tesco isit safe to give to guinea pig? Both I've seen on the tesco seem to have a lot of unnatural ingredients, so from the ingredients I would go with food from asda which provide wagg and harringtons because from what they say on their website there isn't any unnatural ingredients :) But this is just me depends ifthe pigs even like it either will try wagg first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back