Tesco purple bag food = EC additives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey&Gizmo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Buy the p@h nuggets and see what he is like on them and if he eats more. Nuggets are supposed to be the best for them. I dont know about the drinking as i know some piggys drink lots and its normal and others drink little which is also normal. Has he always drunk lots?

DizzyDinosaur

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I originally fed rex on tescos purple bag food but switched him over to nuggets on recommendation of vet, Rex ate most of the food except for the lil corn things and long brown pellet things.
Rex goes mad for the burges excel nuggets. Soon I will be switching mojo and smudgy over to burgess excel they are on P@H nuggets and still have 2 bags left.

madguinealady

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feed mine on burgess excel nuggets but mix the mimt with the blackcurrant.Themint nuggets are bigger whereas the blackcurrant looks like guinea pig poo. mine love it. you are right about the mixing to get them used to it

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I went to tesco today and thought I would have a look at there piggy food because of the good reviews and wanting to wean my boys off gerty, but when I looked at the ingrediants they were the same as gerty with the ec additives. Does anyone know what this means? I thought it said on the reviews that tesco purple bag had no additives and gerty did. Now I'm confused mallethead as I was going to wean my boys off gerty because of the additives.
Can anyone help with the explanation on the additives on both types of food?:)
I have used Tesco and Gerty before and they look different inside the pack. My two piggies love both. One of the differences is that I think Tesco is cheaper. I think Cookie & Beano like Gerty better actually but Tesco is next on the list with everything piggies need. I now use Tesco all the time and they love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.