• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The cutest pigtures you will ever see - shiny piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sgprescue

Some of my satins 8) :-*

Olive with her son and 3 daughters
DSCN3956.jpg

Olive (only been here 2 1/2 weeks and already really well settled with her babies)
DSCN3961Correction.jpg

Babies
DSCN3958Correction.jpg

Barry pigalow
DSCN3857Correction.jpg

Buttercup
DSCN3780.jpg

Quaver
DSCN3965.jpg

Oh wow - i just had to go and get steve then to show him the first few pigtures! soooo cute!

Buttercup looks a mischievious little thing as well!

They are all sooo cute! ;) ;)

x

Lovely pigtures! :) Buttercup is just like the sow I have here looking for a new home....

I love Olive's crest! And the babies are adorable.

I also have a satin here at the moment who will be for homing when he is well enough. He looks like Buttercup too but has a weird ridgeback thing going on!

I love Quaver - nice pink nose!

They are just the cutest of piggies, she looks a lovely mum

Barry pigalow is a cutie

karen

starshine said:
I love Olive's crest! And the babies are adorable.

I also have a satin here at the moment who will be for homing when he is well enough. He looks like Buttercup too but has a weird ridgeback thing going on!

I love Quaver - nice pink nose!

I have 2 ridge backs as well Purdey and her son biscuit apparently they are quite rare,

Wowee gorgeous piggys... I love satins so much. Butter cup is adorable! And the red piggys remind me of Elmo only with a bit of white on them. Thanks for posting these stunning pics! Off to cuddle my very own Satin Rainbow now and tell him how beautiful he is

think I need to get me a satin they are adorable and I have never had one, but they are like hens teeth here on the island, rare! :'(

Fabulous. Olive and the littluns are stunning. I love red piggies - they match me. :)

I hope my new baby piggy looks like one of olives bub-bubs

I know that he is red

They are all really gorgeous, Clover is a total babe! They look wonderfully glossy, I've never owned a satin, they are gorgeous pigs :)

They are beautiful, but it's so worrying about the genetic condition they are prone to ~ osteodystrophy :'(

Have never had one in rescue yet, but I will as there are now breeders in my area, it's a matter of when...

Barbara

Hi Barbara, you're ahead of the game, at least you know OD exists- many don't. Drop us an email if/when you get any and tell the local pet shops about them too! I know a big Satin breeder that has just given up in the North...

I thought Skinnys would be the next worry, how wrong can you be?

Oh wow, they are gorgeous, especially Barry Piggalow, I just want to hug the little shiny bear!

Thats a really pretty piggie and its nice to see that she is healthy enough to safely give birth to those bouncing babies. Unfortunately she’s the sort of piggie that the OD scaremongers don’t like to admit exists. I so hope she continues to look this good but because you probably don’t know how she is bred or how well she was looked after as a young piggie, it’s hard to tell.

Finding out what is wrong with satins is going to need some honesty from the breeders. BUT the breeders also need a little bit of honesty from the people doing the satin study too.

Perhaps some people are honest in what they ACTUALLY SAY but also leave out the bits that they don’t want to say. Karen (karenrgpr) says “I know a big Satin breeder that has just given up in the North...†(Now let me finish the sentence for you Karen because I know who you are talking about) “because after a divorce, a very sad unexpected family bereavement and because his children (to whom he has been an incredibly devoted long suffering parent) are ‘flying the nest’ he has decided to get on with other things in his life including traveling, without the commitment of all the animals! You KNOW this Karen so please don’t use him as an illustration to points score for your satin scaremongering. It is TRUE that after breeding show satins for about fifteen years he was worried about the health of ONE strain of his satins and has given you some of these for your study. You forgot to mention all the other ones he had at home including the ones he had x-rayed as CLEAR from OD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back