• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Forum Costs A lot But Worth It :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Well... because of how popular the forum is with number of posts and number of times the page is accessed a day, I have had to upgrade the hosting package as I was having to pay £20 each month for the forum to stay running. Instead I have upgraded costing £27.50 from 350MB transfer limit a month to 1500MB ( We have used more than that in the past!) I did think perhaps I should close the forum but £27.50 a year isn't too bad and its such a lovely place here and everybody has made so many new friends that it would have been silly of me not to upgrade and keep the forum running :)

Hi! I haven't actually joined in any of the chats on here yet because I was moving house, but frequently check out the forum and have found the site very friendly and informative. I am very grateful to you for running the forum and hopefully will get to know you all soon! Thanks for a brilliant site!

love Sue, Jade and Podgey Poo!
x ;D

Do you know, I never thought about it costing money to run the forum. Its so good of you to do this for us. It is a lovely place and I would really miss it if it went away.

Three cheers for Ellie

*hip hip Hooray*

;D ;D

Thank you ever so much! I so love this forum (can't you tell ;)) and am so glad that it's here to stay!

You've done a great job!

*Hip, Hip Hooray!* ;D

lol Its okay - when holding a domain name like a .co.uk like this one I pay every two years which is only £8 but you then need a hosting company which mine is same as my domain name. I was getting annoyed cos each month I was having emails saying we had gone over monthly transfer useage and it was about £20 each month. My mum just told me to upgrade and it would be much better but stupid me I carried on paying fines and didn't do it lol - At least now I have paid it and if I am charged it won't be no where near £20 now - I bet its all down to Kelly posting loads lol - Hahaha - I am not complaining though - Glad you all like it here :)

suziesooo said:
Hi! I haven't actually joined in any of the chats on here yet because I was moving house, but frequently check out the forum and have found the site very friendly and informative. I am very grateful to you for running the forum and hopefully will get to know you all soon! Thanks for a brilliant site!

love Sue, Jade and Podgey Poo!
x ;D

Welcome to The Guinea Pig Forum

Everybody here is so lovely and supportive.

If you need any help with anything to do with the forum send me a message :)

Thank you! My daughter Jade and I spent hours yesterday evening looking through everyone's cute piggy pic's, to the point where last night I dreamt my house was overun with baby piggies! We got our gorgeous Podge last June from Squeaky Pigs Rescue in Yorkshire, and since the day we bought him home we've been smitten!
xx

Awww that is sweet! :) Its great getting more piggie obsessed members on this forum.

You got a pigture of your Podge? Its a shame the Squeaky Pigs Rescue closed. I ran the fundraising website for the Squeaky Pigs Website but when it closed I turned it into just a fun website with info pics e.t.c http://www.squeaky-pigs.co.uk

Thank you so much Ellie

I love this forum, and I'm so pleased its here to stay ;D

Welcome to the forum Sue, Jade and Podge

Love
Claire
x

Thank you :)

I tried to download pics of Podge lastnight but couldn't seem to figure it out :-\
x

:-[ Too much posting.. I can't be quiet! LOL

All this hosting thing - I don't get it! LOL

:) :) Welcome Sue, Jade and Podge :) :)

xx Kelly xx

squeakypigs said:
Well... because of how popular the forum is with number of posts and number of times the page is accessed a day, I have had to upgrade the hosting package as I was having to pay £20 each month for the forum to stay running. Instead I have upgraded costing £27.50 from 350MB transfer limit a month to 1500MB ( We have used more than that in the past!) I did think perhaps I should close the forum but £27.50 a year isn't too bad and its such a lovely place here and everybody has made so many new friends that it would have been silly of me not to upgrade and keep the forum running :)
can anyone tell me how much this is in U.S. currancy? I'm kinda dumb! lol :P

I for one wouldn't mind making a donation towards costs either monthly or yearly :)

Welcome Sue, Jade and Podge ;D x x

nice one!

i couldnt imagine not having this forum up and running, its like part of my life, i come to work and check the forum everyday.

hehe

big hugs all round :D

Thanks Ellie, I know its costing you some money. We should do a fundraising once a year for the site. MIght be an idea.

See, Ellie.. I mentioned that same thing sometime ago - that I'm sure people wouldn't mind helping out to keep the forum running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back