The Free Ads ~ cost of calling! Please read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

Hi all,

Just thought I'd mention this as I know some of us will try and help unwanted guineas advertised in the free ad papers.
Do check the number you are calling as if the ads have been placed on line, you will be paying up to 37p per minute peak rate. Maybe more, so do check the small print as if you are chatting for some time, it could make for an expensive call.

I was horrified to realise this, as I have an advert in this week and it means people who are ringing me are paying over the odds for the call. Of course I've been explaining this and asking if they would like to call me back on my landline number ;)
Which of course they have.

I think that if you ring your ad in, they will use your own number, so I will do this for next edition :)

Barbara

Reaction score
The freeads I got Brandy from was 50p a min I think but I left a message and the owner called me but don't know if I'll get chargred for it..

C

cavykind

lolseh said:
The freeads I got Brandy from was 50p a min I think but I left a message and the owner called me but don't know if I'll get chargred for it..
If you read the small print... in one paper, it tells you that you are charged as soon as the "message" starts and whether or not the person you are trying to contact answers or not :o
In this publication, I think these numbers start 070...not sure though.

Reaction score
Looks like I'll get charged alot then.. Phoned lots of timesbecause the person wasn't answering >:(

C

cavykind

lolseh said:
Looks like I'll get charged alot then.. Phoned lots of timesbecause the person wasn't answering >:(
I know these papers have to make money, but it sems a bit of a rip off >:(

I have an answering machine available 24/7 if I am busy or not around. So at least people can leave a message and I will get back to them. The only calls I won't return are to mobiles and I make that clear. But I know many people don't like to leave messages, so if they ring and ring, they are probably getting charged repeatedly :-\

Reaction score
I would have left a message the first time but the machine didn't come on til Sunday..

Status
Not open for further replies.