The Friday Night Thread (t-f-n-t)

Falken

Administrator
Reaction score
So it's Friday night,

The week is finished, work if over for most, this is a thread to let your hair down and have a laugh.

Following on from the extremely popular "Naughty Corner" thread.

All posts in good humour are welcome.

LisaAli

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love the T.F.N.T :cool:

We are just chillin tonight, catching up on some telly.. with a small or not so small beverage or two :yikes: ... Nae work for us both this weekend :yahoo:

Happy T.F.N.T EVERYONE... :luv:

Falken

Administrator
Reaction score
TFNT TFNT TFNT

Just watching The West Wing then going to play a boardgame :) - How Rock n Roll....

Nice thread Dr Falken!
:) I liked TWT, I like A House of Cards even more, I saw the BBC miniseries years ago, and although I initially liked FU, I quickly grew to despise him. The US version however, I can't help but feel some affinity towards him, whatever he does, his values are completely different to FU, he's a flawed character, but has something of a moral compass.

Enjoy the game, as before, I promise I'll learn :)

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
So, so, happy it's Friday night.
An added bonus is that the kids are officially on their 2 week half term break, and we go on our family holiday on Sunday - can't wait.
Now all I need is some magic fairies to come in and clean the whole house, pack the suit cases, organise everyone, do the shopping for the guinea pig fresh food for the pet sitter, and get us to the airport on time on Sunday.
It's not too much to ask really.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:) I liked TWT, I like A House of Cards even more, I saw the BBC miniseries years ago, and although I initially liked FU, I quickly grew to despise him. The US version however, I can't help but feel some affinity towards him, whatever he does, his values are completely different to FU, he's a flawed character, but has something of a moral compass.

Enjoy the game, as before, I promise I'll learn :)

House of cards is next! Looking forward to it just halfway through season six WW so one more to go :(

Ha ha Game Bored..... Love IT Crowd.

:) I am going to take you up on that offer. I think you'd like a two player game called 'Capo di Capi' dice rolling, push your luck area control with a tiny bit of bluffing. Takes 10-15 mins a game.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, so, happy it's Friday night.
An added bonus is that the kids are officially on their 2 week half term break, and we go on our family holiday on Sunday - can't wait.
Now all I need is some magic fairies to come in and clean the whole house, pack the suit cases, organise everyone, do the shopping for the guinea pig fresh food for the pet sitter, and get us to the airport on time on Sunday.
It's not too much to ask really.
Half term over there? 3 weeks left here! Where are you holidaying? :)) Good luck getting those fairies!

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
Half term over there? 3 weeks left here! Where are you holidaying? :)) Good luck getting those fairies!
Yes half term, but ours have been back in school for 6 weeks already - we get lots of holidays, but Summer is quite short (5 weeks) and because this is Switzerland priority is given to ensuring we always get at least 2 weeks for ski holidays (crammed in between Christmas and Spring break).

Off to Singapore - dreading the flight, but can't wait for the food.
Oh and the culture of course - I am all about the culture (and food - did I mention that already).

Falken

Administrator
Reaction score
House of cards is next! Looking forward to it just halfway through season six WW so one more to go :(

Ha ha Game Bored..... Love IT Crowd.

:) I am going to take you up on that offer. I think you'd like a two player game called 'Capo di Capi' dice rolling, push your luck area control with a tiny bit of bluffing. Takes 10-15 mins a game.
:) You'll like it.

:D It's very very true to life.

Okay, just name the time and place :) (via PM of course, wouldn't want 180 people turning up as spectators).

Falken

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh and the culture of course - I am all about the culture (and food - did I mention that already).
:) Singapore, in the past being one of ours you can guarantee England C.~1950 with extra fish, and spices, perhaps noodles, definitely overcooked vegetables.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:) You'll like it.

:D It's very very true to life.

Okay, just name the time and place :) (via PM of course, wouldn't want 180 people turning up as spectators).
It's a deal my friend. Could even take it to the pub :)

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes half term, but ours have been back in school for 6 weeks already - we get lots of holidays, but Summer is quite short (5 weeks) and because this is Switzerland priority is given to ensuring we always get at least 2 weeks for ski holidays (crammed in between Christmas and Spring break).

Off to Singapore - dreading the flight, but can't wait for the food.
Ah! I see.

Singapore, very nice! How long is the flight? Bet the food will be lovely, anything in particular you want to try food wise?

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can gurantee, after 12 pints I'll be the world's foremost expert in boardgaming, just ask me at the time.
i can guarantee after 12 pints you'll need to be a paramedic to revive me, you have seen my lightweight ways before, 3 is my limit :))

Falken

Administrator
Reaction score
i can guarantee after 12 pints you'll need to be a paramedic to revive me, you have seen my lightweight ways before, 3 is my limit :))
:) I remember when you had the new NFC enabled one, asking me if it could be attacked and then essentially trying to tunnel through the concrete floor to hide it from me :P

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love the T.F.N.T :cool:

We are just chillin tonight, catching up on some telly.. with a small or not so small beverage or two :yikes: ... Nae work for us both this weekend :yahoo:

Happy T.F.N.T EVERYONE... :luv:
Only a small beverage guys?