• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

The Friday Night Thread (t-f-n-t)

Pawz

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just been given a small heart attack by “clingy kitty”. Didn’t shut my bedroom door properly apparently and having something leap on your bed in the dark with a strange squeak (she doesn’t have a proper meow) was rather terrifying when you’re on the verge of sleep.

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to when I don't have to heat up the warmies (snugglesafes) every night and not have to cover up the hutch with the blanket.
Absolutely, I feel your pain.

I have to say the nice rhubarb and ginger gin & tonic certainly helps tonight.

Pawz

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's been lovely weather the last 2 days where I live, it's been like a spring day.Very mild and sunshine.
The weather is gorgeous today, it’s not warm but the sun is out and the air is crisp without the thick layers of snow and frost we have suffered recently.

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Well a warm good evening to everyone.
so forgive me for talking about alcohol...but guess what i've discovered?!

wine white mixed with.....cloudy proper lemonade - oh it's so yum.
I do like a white wine spritzer anyway, but this is so nice.

Pawz

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well a warm good evening to everyone.
so forgive me for talking about alcohol...but guess what i've discovered?!

wine white mixed with.....cloudy proper lemonade - oh it's so yum.
I do like a white wine spritzer anyway, but this is so nice.
Evening, that does sound quite tasty.

Nothing much going on here apart from disinfecting the wounds from the tiger mauling earlier on when the cats had a ringworm bath.

Prepping for the new feline arrival but honestly too tired to carry on the cleaning tonight.

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Evening, that does sound quite tasty.

Nothing much going on here apart from disinfecting the wounds from the tiger mauling earlier on when the cats had a ringworm bath.

Prepping for the new feline arrival but honestly too tired to carry on the cleaning tonight.
Oh exciting stuff - about new kitty cat arrival - so Caturday is it tomorrow then! LOL

I think you should most definitely relax. I should think your nerves have had enough anyway, especially after the ringworm bath :yikes:

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
We've only quarantined a week so its kind of too soon but she's a baby skinny pig and I don't want her to be lonely and tonight everypig has been very vocal about their need to meet up... the vet says she's fine and I think she's fine but there could be a lurking ringworm spore or URI... but they are living in the same room and want to be together so I might just go for it tomorrow!

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
We've only quarantined a week so its kind of too soon but she's a baby skinny pig and I don't want her to be lonely and tonight everypig has been very vocal about their need to meet up... the vet says she's fine and I think she's fine but there could be a lurking ringworm spore or URI... but they are living in the same room and want to be together so I might just go for it tomorrow!
Go for it.
Sounds as if the piggies’ needs are greater than the risk.
Hope it goes well