• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Friday Night Thread (t-f-n-t)

Yep, it can take up to 24 hours to get rid of the odor, described by some as raw sewage. Smells a bit more like decaying flesh to me.
Surprised you had not heard of it before your encounter and kudo's to your hubby for daring to even sit near one nevermind hold and eat it!

I've watched enough youtube video's to know not to touch those fruits :doh: if I ever go travelling around. Still looks like you all had a fab time.

it's our last Friday of 2016! My annoying neighbors decided to ruin it by staying home and being their usual deafening selves.

@sport_billy this should be stickied like the chat thread :)

And whats up @Crystella ? I know 2016 has been an odd year but what if 2017 is even more shockingly weird?

Just seems like there has been so much Death and things too messed up in 2016. If 2017 is going to carry on in the same way :no:

Ok its not friday night yet, but my mission today is that by tonight the house will be spotless because this morning it looked like a family of tornadoes had passed thru on our way out the door!

Ok its not friday night yet, but my mission today is that by tonight the house will be spotless because this morning it looked like a family of tornadoes had passed thru on our way out the door!

Don't forget its a Friday the 13th today. Anything that can go wrong, it will do.

So, I've actually used the spiralizer I bought on Sunday, which in itself exceeded my own low expectations :))

First impressions - I like! I've spiralized a parsnip, two carrots and a turnip, which I'm about to cook with passata for a noodly/spaghetti-type accompaniment for a Wagu burger. I'll have loads left over - that's filled a big pan! It was strangely therapeutic to actually do the spiralizing, but I'm sure I'll get bored of it after the first novelty time!

Reactions: Tim
So, I've actually used the spiralizer I bought on Sunday, which in itself exceeded my own low expectations :))

First impressions - I like! I've spiralized a parsnip, two carrots and a turnip, which I'm about to cook with passata for a noodly/spaghetti-type accompaniment for a Wagu burger. I'll have loads left over - that's filled a big pan! It was strangely therapeutic to actually do the spiralizing, but I'm sure I'll get bored of it after the first novelty time!

That's creepy.. My mom sent me a message today to tell me she had bought one of those things and bought one for ME too. She had to explain what it was and when she managed to describe it I admit my first thought was "Oh great another kitchen gadget I don't need". She is legendary for gifting me gadgets when she visits....none of which have been ANY use. The last thing was a liquidizer that could not even manage to blend anything harder than a grape!

Maybe this spiral thing will actually work, I don't know. Guess I try it next time she decides to surprise us with a self invited appearance.

You'll have loads left over you say? I luuuurve wagu, we can't waste that can we? :whistle: :D

Last edited:
Here you go @Tim, wagyu (apparently that's the right spelling!) on a bed of parsnip, carrot and turnip in passata.

IMG_0475.JPG

Can't believe it's Friday again already.
Spent the afternoon doing battle with my sewing machine, it won't stitch properly, every time I got the tension right it went ok for an inch and then went wrong again:hb:. Spike and Peanut are sitting with their paws over their ears. Have packed everything away, off to cook dinner and calm down, tomorrow's another day.
Have a super fab fun evening everyone whatever you're doing.

Here you go @Tim, wagyu (apparently that's the right spelling!) on a bed of parsnip, carrot and turnip in passata.

View attachment 57785
:drool:
I first tried it from either Aldi or Lidl but wasn't too impressed. Then I tried it again at a Vintage Inn pub, I was blown away!

So then, when can I come round to finish it off, since you made too much ;) :))

Back