• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Friday Night Thread (t-f-n-t)

I wish it was Monday 18th again. Week had gone too fast and I’m not looking to going back to work Monday. 🧐 But I am grateful that I have a job(s).

Today has been an absolute disaster and I now spend my Friday night waiting for the Emergency Animal Hospital to call me back too see if I ..
1) still have a pet
2) find out how badly they are about to destroy my vet fund.

Can I trade for anyone else’s Friday night?

Today has been an absolute disaster and I now spend my Friday night waiting for the Emergency Animal Hospital to call me back too see if I ..
1) still have a pet

I hope you still have a pet 🤞.
And I hope it was a cheap fix.

I’ll swap with you. I’m sat here eating too many 🥨. They are too morish.

I hope you still have a pet 🤞.
And I hope it was a cheap fix.

I’ll swap with you. I’m sat here eating too many 🥨. They are too morish.
I’m still waiting for a call. I don’t know if he is in surgery right now or still waiting his turn and that’s the worst part of the waiting…the not knowing.

I’m still waiting for a call. I don’t know if he is in surgery right now or still waiting his turn and that’s the worst part of the waiting…the not knowing.
I hope you hear from the vet soon, the waiting is horrible xx

1) still have a pet

Oh no - is this your beautiful new boy?
I have everything crossed he is ok and your Friday night improves very soon :hug:

1) still have a pet

Lots of love, thinking of you and your animal x

Sending hugs, what an awful time you are having, hope your little bun is alright x

I’ve had a very mixed today 🙂
My Mum’s retirement apartment has finally had an offer which we have accepted. The apartment has languished on thr market since the very start of the Covid outbreak. older people have had no taste for moving home so it’s really good that it looks like it will be finally sold which will free up money for her care.
This afternoon we had quite a nasty scare with the piggies. We put them all out in their runs when we got home from the boat and they were enjoying the grass and fresh air. We later noticed the sound of a dog barking and two people calling for a dog, it was obviously missing or slipped its lead. Then they started walking down our drive 😱 The dog had got down the side of our house and was in our rear garden jumping at the runs and barking and growling very loudly. The dog was promptly caught and secured to its lead. Luckily the piggies are fine, but I was quite worried they might be shocked. Turns out it’s our new next door but one neighbours 🙄 I’m just hoping that this dog is not going to get out again now it knows were our piggies are. We have two side gate, but one was left open as OH had just carried round a bale of hay to store in the summerhouse.
NOTE to anyone who thinks letting their piggie roam free, don’t be tempted! Ours would have been dead if they had been free roaming, luckily the runs and arks are very secure

They
I’ve had a very mixed today 🙂
My Mum’s retirement apartment has finally had an offer which we have accepted. The apartment has languished on thr market since the very start of the Covid outbreak. older people have had no taste for moving home so it’s really good that it looks like it will be finally sold which will free up money for her care.
This afternoon we had quite a nasty scare with the piggies. We put them all out in their runs when we got home from the boat and they were enjoying the grass and fresh air. We later noticed the sound of a dog barking and two people calling for a dog, it was obviously missing or slipped its lead. Then they started walking down our drive 😱 The dog had got down the side of our house and was in our rear garden jumping at the runs and barking and growling very loudly. The dog was promptly caught and secured to its lead. Luckily the piggies are fine, but I was quite worried they might be shocked. Turns out it’s our new next door but one neighbours 🙄 I’m just hoping that this dog is not going to get out again now it knows were our piggies are. We have two side gate, but one was left open as OH had just carried round a bale of hay to store in the summerhouse.
NOTE to anyone who thinks letting their piggie roam free, don’t be tempted! Ours would have been dead if they had been free roaming, luckily the runs and arks are very secure
They need to control their dog!

@Pawz wishing you all the best and 🤞🏾 for your pet.

They

They need to control their dog!

@Pawz wishing you all the best and 🤞🏾 for your pet.
Yes, I was rather cross! They seemed to think a “sorry” was ok. I told them that guinea pigs are prey animals and that they can quite literally die from shock with an incidence like that but it fell on deaf ears. We had a pile of dog poop on our drive right next to our front door on Thursday morning which leads me to think this is their dog too and not the first time it’s got out 🤬

Back