• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Guinea Pig Cage & Hutch Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a photo of a C&C type cage that I made back in the summer last year. At the time I couldn't find any of the cubes so I used wire that I bought at Homebase for the sides :D With a bit of imagination and lots of cable ties, lol, this was the final product ;D Not a bad job and 100% piggy approved ;D

cage006.jpg

Oh no, that photo is way to big *blush* Just trying to sort it out now.......... I feel as though I've fallen into their cage with them when I look at that, lol!

Aww, that's lovely Wheekster! I am in the process of building a HUGE C&C cage for my boars, once that is done I will put up pigtures!

Livie

x

Thankyou Wiggy ;D I've just resized the pic now though, its not quite so in your face, lol. I can't wait to see pigtures of your C&C cage once its done :D

CIMG1140.jpg

this is where my ladies live its their palace. They also have a run too. This picture was taken after i changed my bedding to vetbeds which are so much easier.

I am building a C&C cage at the moment for my piggies at my boyfriends house. It will prob be 5x2 with an upstairs for now. 6 piggies possibly couple of more will be living there. The others at my mums house are in cages and hutches. I will take pictures of them tomorrow :)

oooOOOooo, that looks lovely. Is the vetbed very easy to wash and look after? Does it get wet very quickly? I've often thought about giving it a go but I'm really not sure ?

i wash mine on day 5 and they are not wet on top but when oyu look underneath on the newspaper it is. it doesnt smell either. its easy and much quickier

Wheekster said:
oooOOOooo, that looks lovely. Is the vetbed very easy to wash and look after? Does it get wet very quickly? I've often thought about giving it a go but I'm really not sure ?

Me too... I wanted to get some for when the piggies move into their C&C cage however it is very very pricey! Especially when I will need a lot of it. We also don't have a washing machine at my boyfriends house yet. We get our parents to do all our washing lol... so I wouldn't be able to wash it quick enough as they would need to go in something else while its washing.

Is it flexible enough to go in a washing machine easily? and does the hay and poops fall of easily before going in the washing machine? Sorry for so many questions its just I am very intrigued by it, lol.

Some lovely cavvy homes there! I am still trying to sort mine out but here is a latest pic of mine, and I have had no probs with it so far!
First pic is the cages they were in...
9c74bbf8.jpg

This was my 1st attempt for the boys..
HPIM0688a.jpg

At the moment I have this, but I need to re do it as I will have some more piggies soon. I figured that the boys spent 8 months living in a hutch above some females and still got on so for the time being (not for the long term so bare that in mind) , I put the girls on top but it has since been made into a 3x2.
HPIM0739.jpg

there indoor cage and playpen (usually filled with toys) they also have a large outdoor run, but been to cold to use so no pictures yet!
P1240121.jpg

P1280056.jpg

yes the vets beds go easily in the washing machine. the hay and poo and stuff comes off with a little shake an dbrush. i know someone on ebay who does great vetbeds very thick too.

DSCN08823.jpg

dont know if this worked lol but if it did this is a pic of my hutch, the pic was taken when it was at the previous owners so dont have the run at the moment but will do soon

hi kelly that looks cool. but arent you worried cats could get in.

as i said lol being sarcastic when that pic was taken it wasnt mine thats a pic of when someone else had it, i am now trying to build a run for it i just have the hutch lol

Here's my cage:

dashaandseannacage22.jpg

The orange food bowl for the cucumbers gets used as a toy :P

dashaandseannacage11.jpg

The C&C cages r so cool i dont have room for one though! Mine or rather Zubins is like Kellies xx will post pic as soon as i have got a camera!

my updated photo of my piggies palace

CIMG1382.jpg

its a normal double Hutch with a huge conservatory attached last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back