• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The life of Dot and Bernie

My neighbour just had a drunken go at me. Il deal with him tomorrow🥊🏏

Casper is in his forever sleep. We were given the option to try and give him baytril and hydrate him at home. But the vet said that 90% there is something like a lung tumour or something going on. Just after that he died. The vet said we can have the whole appointment free. But out of respect. We payed the consultation. He will appear on rainbow bridge soon.

Wifes very upset, I'm ok, he was active right up until he came down sick. Which was only a few hours, I'm glad hes out of suffering

We just buried casper. The whole of our close family were out in the wind and rain lol. He was well loved. He was a viscouse animal when we first had him. And then became friendly after a few months of just letting him bite

The vet i used is 5 minutes from the cat and rabbit care clinic. They are open 24/7 even christmas night. I was amazed how well they treated casper. I have had a 1 bad experience there before but they seemed to have changed staff now.

I dont know why the cat and rabbit care clinic don't use these vets as their emergency out of hours. I have already had it added to the forum reccomended vets a while back. They even offered me the whole apoointment free of charge and they are not bad with guinea pigs either. Before i knew about simon at cat and rabbit care clinic. These vets saved one of my pigs from pneumonia and also severe bloat.

So sorry to hear about Casper, I guess gerbils go downhill even faster than piggies, what an awful thing to happen though when you're still recovering from surgery :( but glad at least you had a good vet experience at the end.
Sending hugs and all the piggies send kisses x

So sorry to hear about Casper, I guess gerbils go downhill even faster than piggies, what an awful thing to happen though when you're still recovering from surgery :( but glad at least you had a good vet experience at the end.
Sending hugs and all the piggies send kisses x
They seem to go more sudden from like 100mph energy to 0mph But because they dont drink much and are not grazers, they linger for ages. Thanks for the support 👍👍. And unlike guinea pigs, they seem to still try to eat aswell.

They are the toughest pet i have had out of pigs,rabbits,rats,hamsters,mice

I’m so sorry I missed this, really hope you and your wife are ok. He was an amazingly tough little guy, you gave him a great life x
Sleep tight gorgeous Casper xx

Just caught up on this. Hope you are feeling better after your op.
Sending massive hugs to you all, he had a good life and you did all you could to save him.
So sorry.xx

Back