• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

The Magic of Metatone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As most of you will know Lottie lost a lot of weight & hasn't been eating her dry food or hay. I've been syringe feeding her for just over 2 weeks.

Debbie (furryfriends) suggested i try her with Metatone Tonic, for anyone who doesn't know it's a pick-me-up for humans & it tastes revolting but Lottie seems to like it. It's given by syringe 0.5ml per day for 7 days then 0.3ml for 7 days.

Lottie had her first dose Tuesday & yesterday ate from both her hay & dry food bowl & today she's eaten even more. ;D
At first i thought i was imagining it so i rearranged both bowls & again they'd both been disturbed.

She's also drinking more water (i've been syringing water into her) & she's taking more of an interest in her surroundings as there are poops dotted here & there & these poops are huge in comparison to what they have been - i'm becoming a piggy poop expert! ;D

Yesterday she made a brrrr or a r r r r r r noise at me inbetween feeds. I hope this was a happy noise but i'm not bothered if she was telling me to bu**er off cos she was saying something.
Today i got teeth chattering, then she hid her head in the towel & proceeded to eat the food from the towel.
I've had her in a run in the computer room with me for most of the day where she munched on a pile of hay, ate dry food & drank water - she's definitely the happiest she has been for the past 2 weeks. :D

I want to say a big THANK YOU to Debbie for telling me about this :)

I'm so happy, i can hardly contain myself O0

Niki

well done you and piggy,

d010.gif

get strong little one

its wonderful news and I can understand how happy you feel sometimes all it needs is a little boost to give them much needed energy and zing, its in my medicine drawers hope every one rushes out tomorrow to buy it, there will now be a national shortage of it lol

Thats amazing about the metatone,Bubbles is on it too and ive never seen her eat so much and her eyes are so bright today rather than watery and almost closed

Metatone is wonderful stuff - disgusting in taste and smell though! If my lot ever need some, I mush cucumber in it! ;)

Most of the piggies I have given it to have loved the taste! Ellie's first piggy Fluffy would refuse to let go of the syringe! She absolutely adored it!

I keep saying I am going to start taking it as I have been feeling quite run down recently. Just can't bring myself to do it though. As a kid I was always told the more nasty something tasted the better it was for you! LOL

Absolutely marvelous stuff for piggies though! :D

It must be really popular as the shelf was almost empty - bunch of sadists they must be! ;D ;D

Every piggy owner should have a bottle, it really is marvellous & Miss Lottie's still munching ;D ;D

I'm so happeeeeeeeeee

Thanks again Debbie & a big piggy :-* from Lottie

That's great news Niki, well done little Lottie :-*
Once again someone from here has been able to help, it's so lovely to hear these stories. It's great having friends who understand just what we're all about with our little piggies :smitten:

furryfriends said:
I keep saying I am going to start taking it as I have been feeling quite run down recently. Just can't bring myself to do it though. As a kid I was always told the more nasty something tasted the better it was for you! LOL

eww nooo! It's revolting! LOL ;)

Hope you're feeling better soon :smitten:

I've been using Metatone for a couple of years now. Its brilliant stuff and I've recommended it to many people for dogs, cats, themselves etc. I even sent a bottle to a piggy keeper friend in Thailand ;D

Kat

That's excellent, Niki. Well done.

On Kate's (Starshine) advice I gave this to Scarby just after the liver cancer surgey. it really helped. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back