• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The pigwigs went dating.....

Countrylass

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Following the recent loss of Fifi and Dennis from Mags' group, we took the ladies plus Ruby's group dating for new female friends at Coseley GPR.

The bonding sessions went well and we came home with Beth for Ruby's group and Bernice for Mags' group plus Dave, a skittish neutered boar to attempt bonding at home.

About an hour after getting home, it was clear that none of the adoptees was happy and tempers were fraying in Mags' group. We swapped Beth and Bernice and took Dave out (he needs time and patience so he's less of a ricocheting pinball during bonding).

Apart from some teeth chattering at Beth from Mags, the ladies appear to have accepted her (Beth is the grey sow, Mags is the one by her bottom):

20240407_063914[1].jpg

Taz adores Bernice and has been chasing and mounting her frequently, Ruby, however sees her as a threat so there has been some dominance behaviour between them. Taz has been taking his life in his hands and stepping between them (Ruby told him to pack the mounting in last night as it was preventing her snoozing). Bernice stands her ground with Ruby but backs down so fingers crossed they will be able to resolve their issues.

Currently all quiet, although Lexi is watching me in case I may have yet more yummy nibbles she can extract from me:D

Oh super, I’m glad it’s working for them all. All these little personalities, it’s trial and error. Hope Dave finds his place amongst them 🤞

Oh the joys of group bonding. Lovely to hear the newbies have settled into their new herds. Hope that Dave finds his place and becomes less skittish once he’s got his paws under the table.

Glad bonding is going well and you can relax.
Hope Dave finds his place too

Dave has a healthy appetite and has gotten a tiny bit more brave so I think it won't take him long to get his paws well and truly under the table.

Ruby, on the other hand is a bully. Bernice (who I have named Audrey due to her being an Aby like 🌈 Autumn and 🌈 Amber) has been making constant submissive noises and trying to sniff Ruby's bottom but Ruby reacts with teeth chattering and jumping forward to shove Audrey. They seem to be OK with 4 inches between them but any closer and Ruby won't tolerate it. Taz has had to go for a lie down as he is running around settling disputes and mounting Audrey. He must be exhausted. Emmeline seems to have accepted that Audrey is above her in the hierarchy.

I'd forgotten how disruptive bonding sessions are, having to be ready with the oven gloves is not normally part of daily life!

Dave has a healthy appetite and has gotten a tiny bit more brave so I think it won't take him long to get his paws well and truly under the table.

Ruby, on the other hand is a bully. Bernice (who I have named Audrey due to her being an Aby like 🌈 Autumn and 🌈 Amber) has been making constant submissive noises and trying to sniff Ruby's bottom but Ruby reacts with teeth chattering and jumping forward to shove Audrey. They seem to be OK with 4 inches between them but any closer and Ruby won't tolerate it. Taz has had to go for a lie down as he is running around settling disputes and mounting Audrey. He must be exhausted. Emmeline seems to have accepted that Audrey is above her in the hierarchy.

I'd forgotten how disruptive bonding sessions are, having to be ready with the oven gloves is not normally part of daily life!
Other essential bonding supplies are chocolate and coffee ( or wine ) for you 😊

Other essential bonding supplies are chocolate and coffee ( or wine ) for you 😊

Definitely chocolate and green tea for me :nod:

Here's Dave tucking in to some hay:

Dave

Audrey and Ruby are still debating who is going to be boss but they are capable of eating together:

Audrey, Ruby, Taz and Emmeline

Taz was very tired after his boarly duties20240409_212616[1].jpg

Beth says hello:

20240409_181613[1].jpg

Back