• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Vegan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I thought it was a must to be honest, because I need some help staying on the waggon with the wedding coming up!

good recipies, handy hints...something!PLESE x

Equally feel free to PM me or ask any questions here I've been vegan just over 5 years now (one of the best things I ever did!)

I'm on the forums Helen mentioned and know Cherry who's website is Parsley Soup - fab recipes there:)

Been having more of a think about things that can help you. Do you have an Animal Free Shopper from the Vegan Society? It was invaluable when we first went vegan. Mine is a bit manky as it got all crumpleed in my handbag but I don't need it anymore. Let me know if you would like it and I will post it to you.

Holland and Barrett are great but you probably know that already.

Sainsburys are fairly good with their labelling and do fizzy strawberry lances which are labelled vegan. Superdrug are fantastic, most of their own brand toiletires are vegan and labelled as such too. We use their toothpaste, mouthwash, shamppo, shower gel etc.

www.veganstore.co.uk is great for stuff.

There is an Animal Aid Christmas fair in London on 5 December where everything will be vegan at Kensington Town Hall.

What do you do for household stuff like washing up liquid and washing powder/ gel? Is there a brand that is animal friendly/ vegan? :)

What do you do for household stuff like washing up liquid and washing powder/ gel? Is there a brand that is animal friendly/ vegan? :)

I tend to get Co op own brand products all cruelty free and a majority are vegan, and buy eco cruelty free ranges from supermarkets/vegan shops or online. M&S now have BUAV signs on. Also have soap nuts which are good for everyday washing then I use co op non bio tablets for towels/bedding/whites.

I tend to get Co op own brand products all cruelty free and a majority are vegan, and buy eco cruelty free ranges from supermarkets/vegan shops or online. M&S now have BUAV signs on. Also have soap nuts which are good for everyday washing then I use co op non bio tablets for towels/bedding/whites.

Excellent. Thank you. I have been looking into changing over products without spending too much more. I think there is a co op down the other end of town so will check it out. :)

I tend to use the same as Alison, most of my cleaning cupboard is from the Co-op.

Lexybee if you pm me your address either on here or gastoasters I will post the book. I apologise now for the state of it :)) It may not be bang up to date but really does help.

I was vegan for a short period of time but I found it really challenging to go out for meals which is a big part of my family life. To do it fully would be impractical for me however I will be aiming to eat more vegan meals and to use vegan products where possible. I have a great cookbook and there is a really useful thread on MSE:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1451243&highlight=vegan+old+style

They have lots of cheap and tasty ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back