Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hope it's okay if I asked for some reassurance? I'm going to therapy tomorrow (technically today, since it's nearly one am now) and I'm getting really nervous. It didn't seem to hard to think about a week ago, but I feel like cancelling and just keeping inside. I also have another appointment for something else and I feel drained just thinking about it. I keep getting too tired by normal daily things like going shopping for a hour and I need at least a day or two to get back on my feet. I filled out this thing for the therapy about myself and my mum was given one similiar as well about me, but the answers to each felt really different and I don't know, I'm just getting to worried about this now.

Thank you to anyone who replies as this site is my only safe place right now.

Adelle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Hi there, i dont really know you or your situation but i have an autoimmune disease which causes fluid build up and damage in my joint, and probably have anxiety too steming from this, and i feel like you do very often. Its like instant relief when you cancel
Something thats worrying you knowing you can stay in and dont have to go. I dont know what your therapy is for but if its something that could potentially help you then you need to just power through- even if you dont feel its helped, the fact u plucked up the courage to go WILL help you and will make you feel stronger knowing you could do this. I know i feel like ive achieved something by going and not giving in. Dont let fear take over xx

tallulahmay

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry your awake worrying , I don't know about your situation but I am sure it won't be as bad as you fear , sorry can't help anymore. Big hug to you
(Currently watching peppa pig with 2 year old twin who won't sleep:zzz:)

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the replies! It's for depression and possibly a few other things similiar. I've gone to therapy before for having pigeon toe (still have it thanks to a doctor who wouldn't take me seriously before it developed :mal:), but this feels different in an emotional way. My minds rather fuzzy now, need some sleep.

I needed some reassurance, but couldn't wake up anyone so thanks again for the replies. I'm still gearing myself up for it, but this has really helped :)

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
*huge hugs* It takes a lot to go to something like therapy, but you'll feel better just for getting over that first hurdle and getting there x

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hope you make your therapy ok. I know exactly how you feel, I got it every time I went to each session! I'm sure you will be fine, the first one is always the hardest. We are all here for you! Xx

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks :D I went today and ended up crying a bit. They were incredibly nice and only kindly recommended me to someone who knows more about being transgender when I said I was and said they'd give some advice in the next appointment. There were pride flags everywhere and it made me settle in nicely heh. Thank you so much for the replies as I wouldn't have ended up going without them!

Status
Not open for further replies.