• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 They want everyone in our town with or without symptoms to be tested next week 😳

Emx93

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Our council recently announced that since we have such a high infection rate atm they will be encouraging all residents with or without symptoms to go to a testing site and get tested next week, in a bid to catch the asymptomatic and presymptomaric people and isolate them to reduce the spread. Wonder if that means we're headed for a local lockdown 😳 I think it's a great idea however!

Where do you live @Emx93 ? At least you have some warning to go stock up on shopping, hopefully no lockdown but it seems like a sensible precaution to test everyone if infections are going up... inconvenient and scary for you all, of course, but probably a lot of areas will see this happening in the next few weeks! Sending hugs x

Where do you live @Emx93 ? At least you have some warning to go stock up on shopping, hopefully no lockdown but it seems like a sensible precaution to test everyone if infections are going up... inconvenient and scary for you all, of course, but probably a lot of areas will see this happening in the next few weeks! Sending hugs x
Rotherham, South Yorkshire xx

I think Barnsley is creeping up, also Bradford... stay safe and stockpile hay!

been hearing Barnsley is pretty bad, shame I don’t have my hay box stash. The first lot I ordered was bigger than I thought could ever be possible and it took up so much room, happy piggies though :))

I had no idea they even had the capability to do this, it's really impressive and should help inform whatever decisions they choose the make. I know it's probably quite scary, but hopefully it'll turn out the infection rate is quite low and you can all go back to the 'new normal'.

Leicester increased testing but didn't test everyone then went into local lockdown. Yes rates are high but if you increase testing you will get an increase in confirmed cases. Especially when you only test those with symptoms. Hopefully if this goes ahead your council will have a much better picture of the infection rates to make the right decision

Well it’s a good idea, I hope it’s a success and everyone agrees to be tested and if positive they isolate. It’s the only way we are going to control this virus and save lives x

It’s a good idea, but I’m terrified at the thought. The test is apparently horrific. I can’t say I’m surprised that Barnsley is so bad though, my snapchat was full of people I know straight up breaking lockdown the entire time it was happening. I haven’t heard anything so far about this happening in Barnsley but if the one in Rotherham is successful, we’ll likely be next. I think that because people are just being encouraged to get tested, rather than being forced, there won’t be a big turn out!

It’s a good idea, but I’m terrified at the thought. The test is apparently horrific. I can’t say I’m surprised that Barnsley is so bad though, my snapchat was full of people I know straight up breaking lockdown the entire time it was happening. I haven’t heard anything so far about this happening in Barnsley but if the one in Rotherham is successful, we’ll likely be next. I think that because people are just being encouraged to get tested, rather than being forced, there won’t be a big turn out!
I ham being tested weekly as part of a study. I assure you if it was horrific I would not have done 3 weeks worth 😂 It’s not my favourite part of the day, scratchy burny and I’m famous for my gag reflex at the dentist, but it’s fine, honestly.

I ham being tested weekly as part of a study. I assure you if it was horrific I would not have done 3 weeks worth 😂 It’s not my favourite part of the day, scratchy burny and I’m famous for my gag reflex at the dentist, but it’s fine, honestly.
I think it’s the up the nose part that gets people. A child from my mums class at school got sent home with corona symptoms but the mum refuses to get the child tested as she herself had the test and didn’t want to put her kid through that. I’d be petrified to have it done though, lol. You’re a tough cookie.

Piggy daddy was tested today, he developed a bit of a cough overnight and he's a care worker so he cant be too careful!
No it isnt horrific at all, its mildly uncomfortable, and sometimes you can do it yourself- at home or at a mobile testing site- you get passed a swab and instructions through the car window, shove it up your nose and wipe it across the back of your throat, seal it up, hand it back, job done :)
Testing and isolating if needed is the only way to stop things getting worse, until we have a vaccine!

Piggy daddy was tested today, he developed a bit of a cough overnight and he's a care worker so he cant be too careful!
No it isnt horrific at all, its mildly uncomfortable, and sometimes you can do it yourself- at home or at a mobile testing site- you get passed a swab and instructions through the car window, shove it up your nose and wipe it across the back of your throat, seal it up, hand it back, job done :)
Testing and isolating if needed is the only way to stop things getting worse, until we have a vaccine!
I should add we were super impressed how fast he got a test appointment, went online to find out how at 11am and got tested at 3pm- on a Sunday too!

I had my test right at the beginning with me being a community first responder for the ambulance service, I'm also due the antibodies test shortly to see if I've ever had it. 👍

Back