• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Thimbles first (and hopefully last!) Great Escape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My very first 'Find the Hamster' hunt happened today, and I panicked! Last night, thimble wasn’t mooching around as usual so i just assumed he was sleeping as i had seen him pottering earlier in the evening. So went to bed, and at 2 o clock this afty I still hadn’t seen him come out for his usual morning and afternoon drink. So me and the OH went to investigate his bed.

I thought he'd died, as usually thimble comes out of his hidey if its during the day esp when you're making a racket with opening the cage door. Well not a trace of Mr Thimble. And that’s when the panic started...as i was scrabbling under the bed, and upturning every piece of furniture in the room my OH looked in the airing cupboard and there curled up on a bath towel was Thimble!

During the evening, he must of been going back and forth from the cage to the airing cupboard as their was a pile of food on the carpet, one chewed cardboard box, several severally chewed wires annd a small pile of hamster poop!

Thimble has now gone back to his old cage ie. The Dog House (or the Mini Duna) until we can find something to replace the wire mesh we bought. How does a hamster chew through wire mesh? anyone?

He was in his zoozone for two months without a sniff of him trying to escape out of his cage, he has a digging area plenty of toys such as swings, climbing wall and other bits and pieces to occupy him and we'd bought some wire mesh to cover the top! mallethead

Anywhoos photo of the escapee back in his old cage....once again trying to escape! (Naughty boy!)

sttetchy.jpg

Well I'm glad you found him and he is safe but I did chuckle a bit at your post :)) I love that he'd been going back and forth for supplies :)) Very clever Hammy.

Well I'm glad you found him and he is safe but I did chuckle a bit at your post :)) I love that he'd been going back and forth for supplies :)) Very clever Hammy.

I suppose it is warm and very comfy in the airing cupboard....rolleyes Thimble is now not on best terms with my OH's dad as he has chewed through the spare internet wires :))

Oh blimey, thank goodness you found him and what an industrious little hamster. Not sure what else to suggest witht he lid, on Hamster Central they always say to sue mesh but Thimble is obviously a genious ::)

Reminds me of when Alan got out (can't call it escaped as Ross left the door open) and he made a little nest behind the sofa and he had collected all of the piggie's pellets and veggies.

Daisy escaped too, about a week after we got her, she managed to squeeze through a gap in the door of her hamster heaven and we found her the next morning waiting for us outside the bedroom door covered in dust (she had been under the telly unit). It was weird as at first we thought she was in her ball and then the realisation set in. We didn't have any piggies then though.

He was maybe plotting a way to get out of his housey for two months, and then went for it. Hahahaha funny little things

Oh blimey, thank goodness you found him and what an industrious little hamster. Not sure what else to suggest witht he lid, on Hamster Central they always say to sue mesh but Thimble is obviously a genious ::)

Reminds me of when Alan got out (can't call it escaped as Ross left the door open) and he made a little nest behind the sofa and he had collected all of the piggie's pellets and veggies.

Daisy escaped too, about a week after we got her, she managed to squeeze through a gap in the door of her hamster heaven and we found her the next morning waiting for us outside the bedroom door covered in dust (she had been under the telly unit). It was weird as at first we thought she was in her ball and then the realisation set in. We didn't have any piggies then though.

I know I'm so glad he hadnt escaped out of the bedroom, i leave the door open during the day :) Ayee I asked HC for advice when i got the zoozone, so i might double it over perhaps? :{

Awwww bless Alan! He must of been so comfy in his new nest spot! :)) Gosh hamsters really are good at escaping will have to keep a closer eye on thims :)

Yep you never know someone may have a different idea with what to do.

Yes definitely keep an eye, am sure we have had a few more escapes but I can't remember apart from Bella chewing her way out of about 16 balls lol.

They are brilliant escape artists. I remember when I got my very first baby hammy, Mortimer, he was so cute. We had the carpet and floor boards up in my room looking for him not long after we got him. Eventually found him still in his cage, buried deep in his bedding rolleyes My Dad wasn't impressed :))

Ooooh Thimble you naughty boy - giving your poor mummy a scare :))

Cant be cross with him , he's just tooooooo cute - setting up camp in the airing cupboard - whatever next rolleyes

Teresa xx

Awwwww thank yous! :)

They are brilliant escape artists. I remember when I got my very first baby hammy, Mortimer, he was so cute. We had the carpet and floor boards up in my room looking for him not long after we got him. Eventually found him still in his cage, buried deep in his bedding rolleyes My Dad wasn't impressed :))

Hehehehehehe! I can imagine your dad not being impressed hehehe! :))

Hahaha! Thats what i was thinking...i put lovely herby treats and a sugary seedy treat in his cage last night typical hamsters! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back