Things are finally looking up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In such a great mood, even though I think I've caught the dreaded lurgy
(In bed with a cuppa, soothers and a daft filmx) ) hehe

Okay today I started my canine hydrotherapy training. My boss is training me up for when he is away when his new baby is born, and hopes for me to kinda take over so he can concentrate more on the buisness.
I looooooved it!
His dogs were my unsuspecting testers, they were fabby, 2 gorgeous orange roan cockers. There is sooo much to learn though, going to dig out some of my old college folders as we did cover bits and bobs to do with injury etc.
Tomorrow I get to sit in with customers and just observe a little, meet the people and the dogs. The main thing is that the dogs and their humans feel comfortable with me, don't want them freaking out when in the pool!
Get to meet all the weekly swimmers hopefully, we have a st Bernard that comes! Oh gosh he may just drown me!

I finally feel a bit worthy, Been at that job for almost 6 years, since 14 years old, I'm only nearly 20 now but lately I've been feeling a bit crappy about it on, like what am i doing, i work for peanuts blah blah. Think it must be the love of the dogs that has kept me going for so long. It's going to be so fun, helping dogs/seeing them get better with injuries, weight loss etc as well as getting to know the people as well, I'm usually just behind the scenes in the kennels.
Now I have the best of both worlds x)

Well he also mentioned my wage will go up, which is super duper, as I've just started up driving lessons again so I can get saving for that car.
I'm really excited and feel it's kinda a start of a new thing :)
More responsibility and that, just hope I can do it!
Gosh long rant over!
:(|)

Bex

Reaction score
Sounds amazing, well done you. Keep at it.

The job sounds like a lovely way to earn some pennies and with your enthusiasm and care I'm sure you will be great.

It's lovely to hear some good news xx>>>

Whoop..

Reaction score
Sounds amazing, well done you. Keep at it.

The job sounds like a lovely way to earn some pennies and with your enthusiasm and care I'm sure you will be great.

It's lovely to hear some good news xx>>>

Whoop..

Thankyou! I will be great as I will still be working in the kennel side of it (which I do love) and then in the pool when the customers are booked in. Will split the day up a bit too, make it a bit more interesting. Will be fun! :(|)

Sarah from Chucklebunnies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Brilliant news! I'm so pleased you hung in there for so long in that job, this will be so much fun for you and you deserve it!

Reaction score
Another brill morning at work today. I was in on 3 swims :) 2 lovely Shepherds
(one of which can be a bit tempremental but such a handsome boy) He didn't grumble or anything today so that's a good start! And then a huuuge Leonberger :) Was just nice watching them, picking up on how differently they need to be swam! Lot's to learn.
& then my boss let me go early as I was coughing me guts up and I've been in bed ever since, feel AWFUL still :(
Pointless update there but heeey!

Sarah from Chucklebunnies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm sorry you are coughing so bad - I have a cough too at the mo - but very glad you are enjoying the swimming/training.:))

Reaction score
Think there might be something going round, my sisters got what I've caught. Cough/cold/achyness :( and a few customers at work arn't too well. Strange& taaa :)

Reaction score
I'm kinda wishing we are able to delete posts now :( Worried if by any chance my boss or someone was to see this and think I'm moaning about my wage and job ha :( hmm

Reaction score
Don't worry about that! Sure you can see how excited you are about your job, and to be honest I can't think of a single person I've met who doesn't think they get paid enough lol even your boss is likely to have uttered those very words at one point :)) I think he would just be happy to see that you love your job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.