• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Things you think your piggie does that no one else's does!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My S h a g g y likes to rotate his hut to the point that his food dish is inside the hut. Fill his dish with his hut on the opposite side of the cage, and leave for a small amount of time. It always ends up in his hut, no matter what.

Also, both my piggies squeal like mad if they hear any kind of bag crinkling.

Anyone else sympathize or have fun quirky guinea pig stories?

He sounds like a very intelligent Piggle. My Flobble is the only one who moves the Pigloo around, so it looks like it's floating from the outside! The other's can't work out how to do that.
If I stick my head round the Piggle Room door, Daisy trots straight over and puts her paws on the C&C and starts wheaking to let the other's know the Food Provider is on the scene! She's like the Ring Leader. They also all start if they hear the fridge open.

Hehee you have a clever piggie too! I have a double tier hutch, and one morning i awoke to find that Harvey had moved the up turned house filled with hay over the entrance of the stairway, Arthur was on the bottom level wheeking as Harvey had all to himself the food bowl on the top floor. Naughty Pig!

Harvey also throws a tantrum if your late for feeding, outdoor/indoor playtime, cuddle time etc rolleyes

MY youngest piggie Russell does that, I'll put his hidey box on one side and the food on the other, the box will always end up over the food dish and right next to the hay.
A lot of my piggies also get frustrated when their food bowls are empty lol I will often find bowls thrown upside down or tossed to the back of their cages.
They also like to yell and yell and yell if they think there is any chance of food.

Snowy moves his log hidey in the middle of the c & c so he can stand on top of it and annoy Wiggle, who lives on top, i always move it away and he always moves it back again! malletheadmallethead

If you say "kisses" and Nate kiss noises Freddie will come and give you a kiss! He stretches up on his back legs to reach as well :)

If you say "kisses" and Nate kiss noises Freddie will come and give you a kiss! He stretches up on his back legs to reach as well :)

wow! awesome!

Nacho used to come and jump up on my lap if i was sitting in his c & c, but after his op to remove the lump and all the meds i had to give him, he doesnt like me as much anymore, so he doesn't do it now :(

Reggie popcorns when I shake his food box in the morning ready to give him his brekkie.
Also in the evening's I take his igloo out the cage to allow him some free time from the box and when I'm about to go to bed and go to put it back he wheeks at me like hes excited to have it back lol...

I also love when I talk softly to him, he gently comes towards me and lets me kiss him on the nose x

Archie, my free range boar, will get back into his C+C cage when you shout "get in Archie" he has his own little door in the front of the cage so that he can come and go as he wishes.:)) We also had a boar called Twinkle that used to ring a budgie bell when he wanted your attention or to be let out.rolleyes

Beau likes to stick her tongue out while she's having her piccie taken!

001-4.jpg

:))

Haribo enjoys standing on high things and will climb on top of anything you put in his cage. He also enjoys stare out competitions with the cat :{

Mavis likes to stand on my shoes when I clean her cage out and will sit on them as I walk about the shed :))

Only had my two girls for little under a week. but they seem to like watching tv. Snuggled up. Tonight Tam sat completly still while Westlife were on the xfactor. Yesterday Gaga stared at Matt Cardle on there as well. SO they both like the men already.lol:))

Barclay gives the lead for whistling for breakfast which will start the others off.:o
It's the back door opening that he listens for, but we still have yet to find out how he knows who is coming out in the morning! No one makes a sound when my husband leaves the house- they know he doesn't feed them.
There will be a short burst for my son but again usually only as he arrives or leaves on his motorbike. If he hears them he shouts 'Shut Up you Lot!' which always gets one response from an unknown piggie.
I can't even sneak past to go out into the garden with the wash basket without Barclay starting a chorus.

He hides his food bowl in his house mainly to stop Abarth from tipping it over and trapping the bran under it. Abarth stands on the edge and uses his nose to tip the other side of the bowl.

Pixel is the only one of my four who will hold down big pieces of food with her foot to help her eat it. The others just try and scoff it all in one go!

agreed on the cuteness!

my late Bertie used to move his house so he could ahve ALL food disches to himself. All my piggies scream for food at the slightest rustling. My late Rene used to trot to give me a kiss on the nose when I popped my head in the cage.... My current two used to like pushing all their poop out of the top floor, but Sarah (dalek) will be happy to hear it's now got a 'surround' so no more poop collection under the cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back