• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Thinking about adding two New Guinea pigs to current Guinea pigs.

Alex.Guinea

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m debating if I should go in for a full heard of guinea pigs. I have two guinea pigs currently as you know. And i know a girl whose Guinea pig accidentally got pregnant. And has recently given birth to four babies. I’m thinking about adopting two of. Them and adding them. Of course I’ll Be giving a much much bigger cage but. What do you all think. Good idea or not and why?

What gender are your piggies? With sows it is a yes, with boars a definite no.
Adding More Guinea Pigs Or Merging Pairs – What Works And What Not?

Make absolutely sure of the gender of any new piggies (just guessing doesn't count!) and carefully read our bonding guide. Make sure that you have got plenty of space. Be aware that there are not necessarily two (or even any) babies of the right gender in a litter.
Sexing Guide
Bonding: Illustrated Dominance Behaviours And Dynamics
Cage Size Guide

What gender are your piggies? With sows it is a yes, with boars a definite no.
Adding More Guinea Pigs Or Merging Pairs – What Works And What Not?

Make absolutely sure of the gender of any new piggies (just guessing doesn't count!) and carefully read our bonding guide. Make sure that you have got plenty of space. Be aware that there are not necessarily two (or even any) babies of the right gender in a litter.
Sexing Guide
Bonding: Illustrated Dominance Behaviours And Dynamics
Cage Size Guide
Girls. And of course.

Back