This advert is worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind1

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Found this advert on Gumtree. You wonder where these poor things will end up. A non knowledgeable home probably. Why did they get them in the first place? They've obviously not had them long as they are only 4/5 months old.

we have 2 x pregrees hairless guineapigs look like mini piggys! felmales around 4half five months old, could be pregent! also the 2 x males also hairless with papers, the same ages, with a large three triar breeding cages, all heys, palets, treatments, all the bits and pieces, was starting to breed these as babies are worth min of £120 each! very good hobby, business to do, selling the lot for £600 ono or sell all 4 x pigs without cage for £480 call 01189871956

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh dear, that is terrible. I feel so sorry for them. Hopefully at the price that is being asked iot will be someone who knows how to look after them that will buy them. I don't fancy their chances however and I am feeling really sad now. I know I will be thinking about them a lot :(

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Where is 0118? x

reading i think.

googled it, reading and the following surronding areas:

Arborfield Cross, Bradfield, Burghfield Common, Caversham, Earley, Eversley, Heckfield, Kidmore End, Mortimer, Pangbourne, Silchester, Spencers Wood, Tadley, Theale, Tilehurst, Twyford, Wargrave, Wokingham, Woodley and Woolhampton.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
sounds to me like this person has been breeding and probably selling them previously, sad really I hope someone takes them on as pets or if they go to a breeder its someone reputable who will treat them right

Lisajazz

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Very worrying indeed. I agree - here's hpong they go to someone caring who will look after them properly, the advert is like exploitation.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Very worrying indeed. I agree - here's hpong they go to someone caring who will look after them properly, the advert is like exploitation.

I agree it sounds almost like they are encouraging someone to breed them

vicky1804

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Such a shame. That some people buy them to make money from them when there are people who absolutly love their piggies completely cant keep them because of the economy.
Poor things, there almost saying your getting a bargin as I'm only charging for the adult piggies so when they give birth you can make your money back selling the babies :(

mikulinek

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's awful - sounds like they were virtually "battery" piggies before and the seller seems intent on encouraging the buyer to use them in the same way :(

If I had that kind of money I'd buy them just to make sure they were well treated... Poor litte guys

Status
Not open for further replies.