• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

This has made me mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The poppyshop were selling beautiful swarovski poppy brooches for £9.99, which have now sold out. Now of course they have popped up on ebay and some are going for stupid amounts.

One person is selling them for £125 yet only donating 20% to the RBL, another person is selling but some of the money is going to GOSH (which is a great charity, but surely it should go to RBL? It's a Poppy!)

It's such a shame that charities suffer through what I can only see as greed :( I'm not saying they should donate 100% to the charity, but a bit more than 20% would be nice imo and it should at least go to the right cause.

This is the first time I've noticed it, I guess it probably happens to other charities too :(

Buckley%20Poppy_1.JPG

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

That really is very greedy :( How sad.
It's also very sad that people feel the need to sell them on in the first place...Why can't they enjoy the poppy? They look so beautiful.

That's terrible. I hope they feel awful about it.
They are beautiful though, really pretty.

at least there is one seller there giving 100% to charity......shame on those that arent giving a penny!

What? That's outrageous and it's IGNORANCE on the part of thoese people trying to make money out of the charity for the British Legion.
Do these people not realise it's in rememberance of our war heroes and Armistice Day? I'm outraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back