• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Time spent with pigs

BrusselnSprout

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I just wondered how much time does everyone spend with their GPs everyday? Including playing and cuddling, cleaning and pen time?

When I am home, I spend most of the day and some nights with my Finn and Lara. This is because my piggies' cages are centrally located in the living room where I spend a lot of my time. So, I spend a lot of time petting, feeding, and cleaning after my indoor piggies. They are also close to the kitchen so they can hear the refrigerator door, which they love that. I sometimes fall asleep in the living room while watching TV at night, which means I sleep with my piggies.

When I am home I want to be near my piggies, and even when I am away, I think about my piggies and rush back home.
Their playpen is in the dining room, close by the living room so I am close by.

When I'm home, I also spend most of my time with them. I'm a teacher and my schedule fluctuates, so the time I have at home varies, but I stay with them at least every evening. I usually clean their cage in the morning before work, have some lap time with food during the day or evening, and sit by their cage in my office reading a book while they eat and play. Floor time is only possible during the weekend, unfortunately, as I always have to organize a lot of stuff around the room. I'm starting to think of a better arrangement to make that easier.

I do spend a lot of time with them in the evenings, and I have them in my living room too. They’re not tame yet so I don’t really pet or hold them. I just worry because they’re home alone for 10 hours during the day. I make sure they have everything I need before I leave in the morning.

I work from home, so I am pretty much always around. The pigs are in our family room area, along with my computer, so I see them and interact with them frequently throughout the day (even if I just say hi or stop for a quick pat on my way past.) They get lap time in the evenings and free play time in the hall with snacks every evening. The kids give them hay every morning and a treat when they come home from school and hold them also.

Back