• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tiny has one! - with pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Oh no, now Tiny has got an abscess! It's a pretty hard one so think it's not ready to burst as yet.

Do you think it has something to do with her weight?

Icey, who had one before was a bit on the tubby side, always has been, and Tiny is about the same?

Re: Tiny has one!

no its nothing to do with the weight.

Be ready for the mess when it bursts. good luck.

Oh poor Tiny. Blooming abcesses. >:(

My rodentologist advises keeping the infected piggy seperate from the others once it bursts because the others will want to clean it and they will have that poison inside them - not nice.

Just thought their weight might be a little factor to it? I have only had the larger piggies who have got abscesses that's why.

Anyway Tiny and Icey wont be separated cos they pine for each other, yet she is being kept an eye on

Oh poor Tiny hope shes better soon give her a big kiss frm me xx

Will do. It's not burst as yet, but will get her into the vets soon. Much simpler to have it lanced off.

Eww yeh lol all to gross for me pus hehe aint i gonna make a fantastic nurse lol x

Apparently over-weight guinea pigs are more succeptible to abscesses - so I was right to question it!
Will be going to the vets on Monday!

Here's some delightful pics of the cheeky madam!

tinyab3.jpg

One of the abscess on her tummy (on the left of the pic)

tinyab1.jpg

The cheeky madam chewing on my bracelet!

tinyab2.jpg

Aww, Tiny is so gorgeous, with a real look of her Dad!

Abscess looks much the same as Scarby's. What do you think caused it? Because of its position do you think it could be an umbilical hernia that has become infected?

Yep! You can sure see who her parents are!

I have often wondered about abscesses, cos majority of the time they are from wounds that become a little infected, then get out of hand causing the abscess.

Whereas, it seems that over-weight guineas are prone as their tissue breaks down from the inside - where their skin is growing to accommodate their size - and that this just gets infected from the inside again. That make sense?

When I showed you when Icey had hers operated on, she also had a tiny one removed from her tummy! So I'm still learning all this abscess/hernia stuff!
Hernias - Well I've got some reading up on that bit, cos I'm not sure on that one! I'll let you know when I find out more :)

It's not just Tonic's blackness, she has the same expression, hasn't she? ;D

She sure does!

Paula stuck a needle in her tummy and took some of the fluid out. Tiny didn't flinch!

It's not an abscess, just a fatty lump which is harmless so she said it's not really worth removing. But to keep an eye on it anyway!

No not a cyst either. Paula said that if it was either then it would have to be removed.

It's a harmless fatty lump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back