• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fireworks and Thunderstorms: Pactical tips for guinea pig owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble with legislation is you can't legislate for idiots who just see it as a challenge. The only thing that will help is a ban on selling to the public and stick to professional displays. There's a shop here that sells fireworks most of the year. Some idiots were driving round here at the weekend letting them off from a car as they drove round. Shame the common sense and consideration for other people gene has been bred out of half of the human race.
We are being assulted on all sides tonight, poor Caspy came out of bed for a drink, there was a loud bang overhead, I've never seen a guinea pig move so fast. Just discovered piggies don't like Mowtown, they are grumbling along to the music! Perhaps we better stick to the fireworks!

I used to find, music wise, that C & B preferred my favourites Spotify playlist. Silly boys would rather have listened to the Scissor Sisters, Krokus, Chris Rea etc rather than classical music.

I really wish I was in back Switzerland at this time of the year when some idiot thinks that after midnight was the best time to let off fireworks! :(
2am I heard some on Saturday night.... I was up with my son who wasn't feeling well!

Well, we've heard a couple of fireworks here in the village (or somewhere near). We are only a small village and most have pets. I haven't heard anything else. Thankfully my piggies live indoors and not fussed about it. They don't even fuss about me shouting during football matches, let alone hearing something from outside. 😂😂

Anyway, what scares them though is my voice in the morning when I wake up and greet them "Hi piggies!" They both run away because they know I have to pick them up for cuddling and weighing time before breakfast meal. 😂 I know they think mummy's cruel in the morning. 😁

Well, we've heard a couple of fireworks here in the village (or somewhere near). We are only a small village and most have pets. I haven't heard anything else. Thankfully my piggies live indoors and not fussed about it. They don't even fuss about me shouting during football matches, let alone hearing something from outside. 😂😂

Anyway, what scares them though is my voice in the morning when I wake up and greet them "Hi piggies!" They both run away because they know I have to pick them up for cuddling and weighing time before breakfast meal. 😂 I know they think mummy's cruel in the morning. 😁
I love doing the morning veg feeding, they get in position and wait for it.

Raging, some :cen: morons were lighting them in the street across from my house... (either in the street or on the golf course only like ten steps away)
My dog is terrified, it’s so loud

Raging, some :cen: morons were lighting them in the street across from my house... (either in the street or on the golf course only like ten steps away)
My dog is terrified, it’s so loud

We've a football pitch down the road to the left, and a rugby pitch up the road to the right. It's gonna be a long night.

We've a football pitch down the road to the left, and a rugby pitch up the road to the right. It's gonna be a long night.

Okay I think the rugby pitch is actually clear....but the football ground has a match going on. Ho boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back