• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tis the season to be jolly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
And I don't mean christmas!

The glorious weather is here! The windows are open, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the shorts are being taken out of that bottom drawer and ironed! I love the weather!

My problem? This damn cold! LOL - my voice keeps going and I'm struggling to answer the phone! Sitting in my jimjams and without a care in the world! On top of that the gardening people are mowing the lawn and the big field and also trimming the hedges!

It really pongs and is so loud!

xx Kelly xx

ahhhh poor you, I hate the hot weather, but never really knew why, until I was diagnoised with MS last year, it makes the symptoms worse, I always wondered why I felt so weak and ill, but unlike you lot my celing fans are on and the sun canopy is out on the back of the house, ( gives me shade)
my piggys are all sleeping ahhh bless, if its nice tomorrow am going to attempt to bath as many as possible with 37 its going to take me some time,

my 10 year old daughter carrie anne has severe asthma and has a nebuliser when shes bad but she seems worse in colder months thankgoodness, she wears a medic alert braclet which her school PE teacher said had to be covered up during PE I got mad as I said the whole reason is for it to be on show, especailly for some where that she could get injured,

oh gosh yes! That's the whole point in having one!

I've got a bracelet and a necklace and also carry a 'I'm a diabetic' card.

I love the sun and so do the piggies, they finally have the whole day in the runs! and the bunnys love sunbathing on their backs its so cute! i must get a pic of it lol, My pe teacher wouldnt look after my inhaler for me during the lessons and wouldnt let me hold it so i wasnt allowed it in the lesson and had a major attack needless to say he no longer works there, i dont have a bracelet are they exspensive? my asthma sounds like your daughters michelle and my heart goes out to her and anyone else who has it bad its horrible i wouldnt wish it on my worst enimy it cripples me in the winter and the hayfever causes it in the summer so i have no luck, they gave me a purple inhaler and its my life line makes me high as a kite but it works has your daughter tried it Michelle i think its called seritide? its an adult one but it works fantastically well! xx

I've got the same Verity - but haven't really had to use it since last summer!

The bracelets - well mine was £15, and the chain I got on ebay and had it engraved for me. That cost £5

oh cool, i would get one but there arnt even moths in my purse lol x

yes my daughter has seritide and its her favourite colour purple, we always joke about them making it just for her, her school has given me some grief about time off for being ill, I had to get her DR to sign a letter stating her time off was a proper medical reason, one day the school sent a lady round to check on her being ill and she was laid on the sofa white as a sheet on anti biotics and hooked up to her nebuliser, she then said can we have permission to write to your dr, I said are you bloody blind, shes under the hospital and on daily medication, I went to see her headmistress and let rip, I was told well some parents get blind drunk the night before school and keep the kids off, I had to take my mum to keep me from lumping her one I was so mad, and she only took over last sept this was in november, so she is fast making her self very unpopular, and my dr wrote a letter back saying to next time believe what i'm telling her and not to waste his and my time, he was mad as much as I was.
I got her a lovely medic alert braclet which is a new design instead of the chain type, she always takes her inhaler in PE with her, if she did'nt she would'nt be doing PE, full stop, shes had it since about 18 months, she had tests for Cystic fibrosis which frightened the life out of me, Thank God it was'nt that
I even asked her headteacher if she had a nebuliser at school she said no, so I said well why would I risk my daughters life , just to keep your damn figures high, apparently its all about keeping high figures now a days, not about keeping kids and parents happy,

That's disgusting about the head not believing you! As if it was made up! Do she really think that people could stoop that low?

You're daughter should have a nebuliser at school! Don't they have a school doc/nurse?

Michelle the EXCAT same thing happened with me i had a welfare women round saying i had to many 'odd days' which was crazy it was as if they would prefer me to be ill for a week than a day and when we said it was asthma she would say yes well it cant be THAT bad! it is figures i was bullied every day and they told me that i had to stay at home that they couldnt send all those children home becasue it would look bad I'm just glad i got my gcses, i hated school especially pe if i had to run i would almost black out but they wouldnt send me to the office (we didnt even had a nurse) they told me to stop milkin it! i no how your daughter must feel Michelles its nasty, though i dont oftern need a nebulizer these days they say i might grow out of it the older i get i hope its the same for your daughter it must be a wonderful feeling to be told its gone. x

yes they do have a school nurse, but Josh my 12 year old son and at the same school, badly hurt his ankle and they let him sit in the medical room for 10 minutes then told to go back to lessons, he was in so much pain when he walked home he was crying, I took him to the Drs and she said he had pulled a ligament and was kept off school for 2 days as he could'nt walk on it, I said to the head at the meeting about this and she said oh the nurse was busy, I said she did'nt even give him pain killers, and you expect me to trust you to look after my daughter with an asthma attack, NO WAY .
I reported it all to my Dr and they said they had hads other problems since she took over, I've now told my kids to ring home they have money for the call box in school ( mobiles not allowed) and I will collect them as i dont trust the teachers etc to do it, and if my daughters asthma is bad she tells Josh and he rings me,
but if her peak flow is low in the morning she simply does'nt go into school, luckly she is ahead of her class in most subjects so her schooling is'nt being affected,
But I'm just waiting for the school to do one more wrong thing and i will report it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back