• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

to split or not to split

Status
Not open for further replies.
have tried this before, and it didn't work, will try again tomorrow before i finally give up.
If I do get another piggie Due to toffee's personality should I get a boar or a sow? I really don't know now kimmie has said that a male could be bullied too. HELP?

Take Toffee with you and make sure that they get along before bringing the new addition home. A boar can be bullied just as well as a sow can stand up for herself so I would get a piggy based on them getting along, not gender.

Kimmie

It should be rather quick. Make sure to do it on neutral ground and watch them carefully with a towel or something to separate them if something happens. She should try to let the other know she's boss right away so you shouldn't have to wait long to know if they're going to get along or not.

Kimmie

hi guys tried the vicks thing twice now, have made the decision to split them up, so I am on the lookout for a rescue neutered boar, or a female, Bit worried though that she may bully another female, so haven't yet decided what to go for.probably take kimmies advice and take toffee along to choose for herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back