• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

toe slighted lifted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackle & Pop

Reaction score
today i was doing my piggy's weekly check and while i was cutting the toenails i came across one toe that was slighted lifted. it was on the front right foot,one of the middle fingers. when i flexed it it went further than the other toes but he was not yelping. also wen i put him on the floor he doesnt limp but also doesnt put that toe on the floor.his toenail is pointed slightly upwards too. is there something wrong or am i being paranoid?mallethead

thanks for any quiries x(sorry about spelling)

Laure

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi had a sow who had toe nal which pointed upwards once. She wasn't like that all of the time but it happened when she got older. the mail on that toe also became thincker than on other other toes. the vet said that it wasn't anything to wory about and to leave it. Never seemed to bother her at all.

If you are weorried thought would be worth getting it checked out by th vets.

L

Crackle & Pop

Reaction score
thanks ill leave it for a little bit then to see if it clears up. its just the only thing is its the whole toe and it bends further back. i know this may sound silly but do you think it could be dislocated (I'm a preteen so not very logical)

Last edited:

Laure

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hum not sure. Mine was just the nail not the whole toe. Does she appear to be in pan - think she would be with a dislocated toes. Can you post a pic maybe?

L

Crackle & Pop

Reaction score
ill try. i dont think he is in any pain as he didnt yelp. *** it be related to stress or old age (he's only 1 year old)

Status
Not open for further replies.