• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tomatoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I give my boys tomatoes which they like. I remove the seeds from them mainly because of they mess they would make. I'm curious to find out what others do. Do you leave the seeds in or remove them?

None of mine will touch them so I don't have to worry about the seeds :)) I don't know why they just don't even try them so I gave up trying.

I tend to remove the seeds because I read on here somewhere that the seeds were acidic.
Also there was a thread on here about green tomatoes, the enquiry was about wether green toms were less acidic and were they ok being green.

I tend to remove the seeds because I read on here somewhere that the seeds were acidic.
Also there was a thread on here about green tomatoes, the enquiry was about wether green toms were less acidic and were they ok being green.

Yeah, I leave the seeds in, too. My piggies love cherry tomatoes but I only give them occasionally. It's always very sweet to watch them cleaning up after all the juice has dripped on to their furry chins!

I feed my pigs cherry tomatoes as a treat if they're on offer. You can buy different varieties of cherry tomatoes in a sort of pick and mix at tesco's. I just put them in the cage whole, it's funny to watch the pigs chasing them round the cage trying to start them off. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back