Tomorrow it will be a year since...

Status
Not open for further replies.

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
my gorgeous girl Pops left, and what a year it's been! This time last year I just felt so helpless. After battling (and winning) very long term dental problems, during which she learnt to eat again after needing total syringe feeding for almost six months, my darling Poppet had gone into heart failure and I knew she was failing fast. I was devastated!

However, what a legacy she has left. All the knowledge and experience that was gained by both myself and Simon, my vet, during the 18 months Poppet was treated for dental problems, has enabled me to take in other piggies with dental issues and give them a great life too. Archie (who is actually a Poppet look-alike) and Wilfie both came to live with me last year, so they can get the dental care they will need for the rest of their lives, from one of the best guinea pig vets in the country.

Caring for a guinea pig with long term dental issues can be exhausting, a total emotional rollercoaster but also so rewarding. I may not be able to see Poppet anymore, but she lives on in Archie and Wilfie!

You can read Poppet's story here!

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47190

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I still miss that girlie to this day 8...8...8...8...8... but know that she showed you and Simon how to care for piggies with toofie problems.
Debbie you were amazing the way you persisted with Pops, she sure knew her own mind :))
I think some of my fav pics of her are when she was feeding herself from the mug eating her CC :)

Miss you Poppet so much, but i know your playing with your sisters and all your friends at the Bridge, forever remembered my sweet little girl

Mummy Glynis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh what a pig she was with her 10 to 2 & 20 past 8 feet. Her amazing will to live, her zest for life, her attitude all made up the wonderful Pops.

She may not be around physically but she's around, keeping an eye on you & what you're doing.

Love you Pops x

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe that it is already a year since Poppet has gone - she was such a huge personality and we were all routing for her to start eating normally again and gain a kilo of weight!

Best wishes for Archie and Wilfie - long may they thrive! It is a great legacy Pops leaves behind.

nutmeg

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Pops was such a part of the forum, I don't know where the time has gone. She had a lovely life with you and left you with so much knowledge. A very special little piggy. xx

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just spent the past 10 mins reading little Poppet's story, it brought a tear to my eye.

She looked beautiful in those pictures, especially the one of her with her nose in the cup of CC. You must miss her very much.

Thinking of you today

pompypigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't believe that a whole year has passed since Poppet went to the bridge - I will never forget her amazing story xx

Status
Not open for further replies.